Zalman CNPS9500 LED

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
doghucat
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

9500 update

Post by doghucat »

Well the system is up and running oc'ed to 3.3 which is only 10 percent only glitch had to do clean install could not get away with repair because of sp-2 being installed and my XP disc had sp-1 on it, install kept looking for files and I thought I fooled it,byinstalling the files it was looking for of my other machine, but no good had to do clean install, but this chip and board rocks, Well enough about the board the 9500 Zalman is great keeps this hot Prescotts down to 30c at idel and the highest I have seen it so far is 38c with the motherboard at 28c, now the install was a little funky the arrangment of the holddown clip was installed vertically, but I was not sure it should of been installed horizontally in relation to the rentention guide this sort of confused me, but it went on vertically,secondly the botton of heatsink was not quite flat so with a little polishing fixed that, third there is so much bend in the hd clip you could never get the screws started, so had to bend the clip just a little to get the scres to start and still had to push down on the clip to start the screw, would use this fan again in a heartbeat. Artic silver was used on the cpu, and the fan is very quiet hooked direct to the motherboard on full speed. Thanks to Zalman for a great product.
Sandman/Intel C2D E8400 @3.00GHZ/ P5Q Pro Turbo Mobo / Xigmatik-1283 / 2-HD5670 Video-Crossfire / 4 Gig Kingston Ram / Antec P-180B Case
Notebook HP dv9720US 17" Wide Screen
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Nice one....
I've used 3 different zalman heatsinks b4...the mounting was always arkward but they are very efficient....with the amount of air flow and lack of noise....they cool remarkably well!
doghucat
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Temp update

Post by doghucat »

I have a temp update got it up to 40c with some hard use, but that is the highest so far still running strong running at 3.3gig going to try and sell my cubx or my auv266 asus motherboards haven't decided which oneyet.The cubx has a P-3 650 with 512 ram pc133 and the other cuv266 has a P-3 1gig with 768 mg of pc2100 ram. Welll I will have to ponder that, going to wait a while to see how this new system works out ,but so far it very stable.
Sandman/Intel C2D E8400 @3.00GHZ/ P5Q Pro Turbo Mobo / Xigmatik-1283 / 2-HD5670 Video-Crossfire / 4 Gig Kingston Ram / Antec P-180B Case
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Temp update

Post by kenc51 »

I'd sell the cubx as it's worth more.....your not going to get much $ back as it is.....the 650MHz rig will still work fine for e-mail / browsing etc.
doghucat wrote:so far it very stable.
That comes naturally with Intel IMO ;)
doghucat
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Thanks

Post by doghucat »

Thanks for the imput that cubx is quite the board with the duel primary and secondary ide channels and this system has been running at 605 oc'ed for all its live since 2001 about in December had an issue with the video card at first had to upgrade to better ATI card to run stable and use Pc-133 ram since then is is on 24-7 with only shut down when gone away for days or to clean and it runs so cool about 18c at idle at load about in the mid30's but it has a very fast fan on the coolermaster heatsink 4800 rpm's as I recall> Thanks for all the your imput I found these forums looking for additional info on changinf motherboard without ding a clean install seems to be a nice place to surf.