Koolance Exos-2 Question

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
Fogey
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Koolance Exos-2 Question

Post by Fogey »

Been thinking about water cooling for a while now. Getting tired of my Asus Sli rig making almost as much noise with the air cooling as my Hoover for cleaning the floor. [Yes, I know I'm overstating it by a large amount, but I'm tired of the noise]. How much noise do the two fans on the raditaor make. Anyone got this up and running on their rig/ SLI rig?
http://www.directron.com/ex2750bk.html
Fogey
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Fogey »

Riches Review of this item back in June 01, 2005 pretty much answered my question. My forey into water cooling has begun. Thanks
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

sorry mate i missed this thread......

Yeah that's a very nice kit...from what I've heard/read...

It's too expensive IMO but killer performance....

I prefer the DIY route....
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

I have a few exos 1's that on the quiet setting are very quiet :)
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Fogey
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Fogey »

The issue of water cooking for me is solved as I took the plunge [Pun] and ordered it. I do have another question you guys can answer for me as I'm a total noob at water cooling. Is it worth getting and additive for the distilled water or not? If an additive is worth it, what do you guys recomend as I see there are a variety of makes and types?

One final confession I have to make. I've been coming here to these forums for some time now and think a lot of this site. I feel real stupid for having to fess up to this part, but I have to say this. Even though I come to these forums I never cliked on the above links to take me to different parts of Legit Reviews. Sorry, I just never really paid that close of attention. The article Rich did I found by doing a search on Goggle and it brought me to the review section. No, I'm not interested in Dip **** of the month award allthough it fits in this case. Got a lot of catching up to do here. Thanks :oops:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I use innovatek protectIP plus...
Swiftech has some good stuff too...

I'd say your best to use some because warm water will allow algae to grow and and even distiled water isn't pure..the metals in the water react with the waterblock, radiator etc. All this lowers the performance over time, makes the water tubing look all cloudy and in a worse case senario, cause a blockage and or damage the pump.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Fogey wrote:The issue of water cooking for me is solved as I took the plunge [Pun] and ordered it. I do have another question you guys can answer for me as I'm a total noob at water cooling. Is it worth getting and additive for the distilled water or not? If an additive is worth it, what do you guys recomend as I see there are a variety of makes and types?

One final confession I have to make. I've been coming here to these forums for some time now and think a lot of this site. I feel real stupid for having to fess up to this part, but I have to say this. Even though I come to these forums I never cliked on the above links to take me to different parts of Legit Reviews. Sorry, I just never really paid that close of attention. The article Rich did I found by doing a search on Goggle and it brought me to the review section. No, I'm not interested in Dip **** of the month award allthough it fits in this case. Got a lot of catching up to do here. Thanks :oops:
All i know is that you want to use that pretty green water or whatever in your kits. dont ever use tap water!!!
it will eventually rust

Also how often do u have to change the water?
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

distilled + some antifreeze is the cheapest and best combo. You can use the high grade stuff but for the cost its not worth it IMO.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"