Swiftech all in one kit.

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Swiftech all in one kit.

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I'm not sure if any of you all follow water cooling much, but Swiftech has updated their complete top performing kits. I comes complete to cool the CPU, GPU and chip set. There are even ram sinks for the video ram.

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Pricing; $349.95

For those of you looking to cool only the CPU and need a new CPU block, Swiftech has also released a up-dated Storm block (rev 2) that has increased flow and less pressure drop which should also help if you decide to mate it with a GPU block.

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/H20-220-APEX-plus.asp

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/STORM.asp

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/storm-r2.asp

Last edited by Bio-Hazard on Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Now you tell us :lol:
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I totally missed the release of the Storm update.............. :shock: And I was just checking out Swiftechs site for other stuff I might want cause I just finished thie new GPU block and just happend to look through their new releases.
fastedie
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by fastedie »

Well this looks very cool I was thinking about water cooling. I know who to ask now. Thanks Bio! 8)
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

NP............. :mrgreen: We need somemore water converts............... :shock:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Very cool. I have a swiftech kit in mym main rig and have been thinking about going the water route in my backup as well. Might as well spend some more $ :roll:
Joe
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

Swiftec makes some sweet WC kits out there. Great news.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

You won't find a better performing kit around IMHO. As for the chipset block, I think they are a waste of time though. What you get out of water cooling the chip set isn't worth the added heat and restriction the chipset blocks adds to the cooling loop. But the options are there for those that want to add it.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Bio-Hazard wrote:You won't find a better performing kit around IMHO. As for the chipset block, I think they are a waste of time though. What you get out of water cooling the chip set isn't worth the added heat and restriction the chipset blocks adds to the cooling loop. But the options are there for those that want to add it.
I'm with you on that. I replaced my DFI POS shipset fan with an evercool vc-re and it never hits 40.
Joe
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I don't think Swiftech's chips cooler will fit on a Lanparty board either......
I'm going to watercool my chipset for 1 reason........I hate the noise....

I've yet to come accross a chipset fan that doesn't make a whining noise after a few months......my chipset makes more noise than my PSU :shock:
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I'm still running my stock fan on my chipset and it's quiet (I keep the speeds turned down manually) and the temps stay under 40c, but I've got 2 120 fans on my radiator blowing across my MoBo, so things stay very cool.

Image Image
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Some of us don't have 2x 120mm rads :)

I use a single 120mm fan for intake (1000rpm)
My chipset runs @ 50-53C and the fan revs up to ~5000rpm :shock:
It was the same with my sli-dr
My 4 HDD's still stay under 40C - PWMIC never goes over 45C and the rest is/will be watercooled......

I agree watercooling your chipset is not required by most........unless you want very low noise and are prepared to pay for quality h2o cooling components.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I know a few people that have some super silent PC's and have water cooled everything and it works very well for them. I've seen a few folks water cooling their ram, PWMIC, HD's, I figure that they must have as much tied up in water cooling as they do in their computer. But if you have the cash and silence is what you're after, then go for it as they say............. :)
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

with my P4 rig, when it was watercooled I couldn't tell if it was on.....I could wake up @ 4am and could only tell it was on by the power light :shock:

I can'tget that back anymore as my current PSU is too noisy.....but I'm trying LOL
watercooling the ram and pwmic is a bit overboard......imaging each waterblock costs ~$50 --> chipset - cpu - ram - gfx - pwmic and maby even more......$$$$$$$$$$$$

but as you say, what ever floats your boat :lol:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I will say that my swiftech pump is the loudest thing in my system. I don't sleep in there though and typically I have music going loud enough to wake the dead so no biggie.
Joe