Power Supply-help!

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
BoxsterS258
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Power Supply-help!

Post by BoxsterS258 »

I have a cheap 350W PS (one fan) for my 2.8 Prescott that was bundled with my case, adn I am looking for a new one. I think 350 is a bit low, and I was going to upgrade to about 450-500W with 2 fans. A few questions - What will a better PS with more fans do in the subject of tempertaures, performance, and noise, and which brand/model of power supply would be the best buy for at or below 70 dollars? I have seen reviews of a supposedly silent thermaltake that is actually loud, and I ve heard good thigns about antec, though their prices are a bit steep, as with some enermax power supplies, which has 2 fans and a blower.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I bought two ASPIRE 520W PSUs from newegg, they work just fine with my Intel setup. they are PC Power and Cooling by any means, but for the price they do a very adequate job.
BoxsterS258
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by BoxsterS258 »

are they very quiet as well?
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I only use Antec, No special reason, I just seem to stick with something when it works well for me.......... :shock:
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Newegg.com - ASPIRE (TURBO CASE) ATX-AS520W BLACK Power Supplies
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductde ... 008&DEPA=0
Xerxes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Xerxes »

fortron makes some good powersupplies and they are decently priced, enlights are good for being mid quality, seasonic makes some good ones also. i personally use antec as they have a great rma dept (just in case :D) enermax's just plain sucks, dont have experience with anyone elses. dont forget some of them like antec have a 3 year warranty also. antec, enermax, and enlights powersupplies are definetely quiet.

depending on where you go you should be able to find an antec true 380 or 430 for around $70
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

you might also want to look at Sparkel (also made by FSP) or Super Flower. I like the Super Flower because they come with lots of cool features and are in the same price range as the Forton PSUs.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"