LF a good reasonable watercooling solution

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
Cisco Kidd
Legit User
Legit User

LF a good reasonable watercooling solution

Post by Cisco Kidd »

Current gear

E6300 @ 3.2
P5N-E SLI
2x1GB Gskill HZ 4,4,4,12
Sonata 2 case with 120 mm rear fan
Antec Neo HE 550 w SLI
7900 GTX
3 x320 Seagate sata 2 perpendiculars in raid 5 off software raid controller

I would like to cool cpu but will do gpu as well but cost , want to keep it low but have decent quality.

Thoughts ideas suggections
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

What sort of price range are we looking at here????????
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

Cost and quality? Usually, those two don't blend well together without spending a few hard earned dollars.

However, in liquid cooling, I can only point to the Corsair Nautilus 500 to meet that need.

The best part is, if you're not at all apt to the ins and outs of liquid cooling or are an intermediate guru, the Nautilus 500 will work really well.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
setscrew
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by setscrew »

If you want to tackle a larger project than the Nautilus 500, Check out the link below.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/wacoki.html
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Petras isn't a bad choise for water cooling gear, but the components can be found cheaper if you shop around. Something like those kits just might over tax a noobie the first time around.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

im looking to sell my loop, ive got a DangerDen TDX with an acrylic top for socket AM2 and a brass universal top as well. I also have a 5 1/4 resevoir, a MAG II LE Pump and a double heater core that I painted matte black with a heat conducting ceramic paint used on engine blocks. I also have an acrylic mount for the core that holds two 120mm fans. im selling it all for $160.00 all you would need is 1/2' tubing, hose clamps and some coolant and youd be good to go

You could get the tubing and clamps at home depot for cheap and use distiled water as coolant but id reccomend a non-conductive, lubricated coolant. Pics of my set up can be seen in the link on my sig.
trueg50
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by trueg50 »

well ciscokid,

http://www.xoxide.com

I would recommend going there first, better deals than newegg or tigerdirect for cooling stuff.

I have been very satisfied with my ThermalTake Big Water SE, and ThermalTake GPU water block too. only $120 for it, or you could go for the ThermalTake silent water system, for ~$80 which only cools the CPU.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

HONkUS wrote:im looking to sell my loop, ive got a DangerDen TDX with an acrylic top for socket AM2 and a brass universal top as well. I also have a 5 1/4 resevoir, a MAG II LE Pump and a double heater core that I painted matte black with a heat conducting ceramic paint used on engine blocks. I also have an acrylic mount for the core that holds two 120mm fans. im selling it all for $160.00 all you would need is 1/2' tubing, hose clamps and some coolant and youd be good to go

You could get the tubing and clamps at home depot for cheap and use distiled water as coolant but id reccomend a non-conductive, lubricated coolant. Pics of my set up can be seen in the link on my sig.
I've also got a ton of water cooling gear sitting around the house that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. I just hate shipping stuff................ :shock:
odie2190
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by odie2190 »

just use worm holes man. :rolleyes: