PC market down But AMD gains anyway!

News, Reviews, and Tech related stories from our sister sites and news outlets around the net.
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

PC market down But AMD gains anyway!

Post by camaroguy1998 »

ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Re: PC market down But AMD gains anyway!

Post by KnightRid »

I like the part...
Nvidia also announced that it had drastically underperformed its guide by $1.4 billion due to slumping gaming GPU sales, and its partners expect up to a 50% decline in GPU shipments this year. It's hard to gauge how much of that volume was actually destined for gaming PCs as opposed to cryptominers, so the tea leaves are murky.
Yea ALL of that was from cryptominers because bots were buying them up and charging a fortune for the cards which no sane person would pay! Even the damn retailers started doing it.

As far as AMD goes, hell i can put a 5950 cpu in my board right now and be good to go where Intel was making board changes a LOT more often it seemed - well chipset changes/socket changes. I do think AMD should stop worrying about making more and more profit and work on getting costs down so they can reduce the cost of consumer items and still make enough profit to continue developing new chips. Sad when everyone thinks more profit equals awesome :(
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

KnightRid wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:14 am I like the part...
Nvidia also announced that it had drastically underperformed its guide by $1.4 billion due to slumping gaming GPU sales, and its partners expect up to a 50% decline in GPU shipments this year. It's hard to gauge how much of that volume was actually destined for gaming PCs as opposed to cryptominers, so the tea leaves are murky.
Yea ALL of that was from cryptominers because bots were buying them up and charging a fortune for the cards which no sane person would pay! Even the damn retailers started doing it.

As far as AMD goes, hell i can put a 5950 cpu in my board right now and be good to go where Intel was making board changes a LOT more often it seemed - well chipset changes/socket changes. I do think AMD should stop worrying about making more and more profit and work on getting costs down so they can reduce the cost of consumer items and still make enough profit to continue developing new chips. Sad when everyone thinks more profit equals awesome :(
Cryptominers screwed the gamers for profit! :evil:

AMDs platform(AM4) has ruled since you can use most boards with a much newer CPU!
That's why I went with the X570 board for future upgrades!
Hoping that comes soon! Also hoping the new AM5 will bring AM4 prices down!
One of the wife's puters bit the dust last week :) (AMD CrossHair/965BE/8800GTX Ultra)<<< Yeah that used to be mine!
I see a New Board for her/My Old CPU(3400G) and a new CPU for me! [-o<

:lol: we all have dreams!

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

camaroguy1998 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:42 am Cryptominers screwed the gamers for profit! :evil:

AMDs platform(AM4) has ruled since you can use most boards with a much newer CPU!
One of the wife's puters bit the dust last week :) (AMD CrossHair/965BE/8800GTX Ultra)<<< Yeah that used to be mine!

LOL - Yea I keep watching the 5950x! I have the AB350 board but it still supports it!

My wife switched to a laptop so it screwed me out of building new for me and her getting the old :(
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

KnightRid wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:16 am
camaroguy1998 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:42 am Cryptominers screwed the gamers for profit! :evil:

LOL - Yea I keep watching the 5950x! I have the AB350 board but it still supports it!

My wife switched to a laptop so it screwed me out of building new for me and her getting the old :(
Oh well, she shot my dream down! :(

She thinks she can use her other puter to do everything shes been doing!
It's like she knew this was coming and had her argument ready! [-X
Guess I shouldnt complain, what I have works without issue! :jinx:

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

LOL - wives are too damn smart!!!!! :mrgreen: