Get Your Own CoolIT Domino CPU Cooler by Twittering with LR

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
stereo55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Get Your Own CoolIT Domino CPU Cooler by Twittering with LR

Post by stereo55 »

Wow , nice unit and prize . Congrats .

Hmmm , now I want one for my i7 build (in progress) 8) :P

Nice review btw (as usual) !
* i7 5930K @ 4GHz 1.085v - Corsair H100i GTX - Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1
* Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb - HGST NAS 3TB - 2x WD Blue 1TB - 32gig Crucial 2133 - EVGA 980 Ti Classified - Corsair 780T/Seasonic 760 Platinum
* LG 34" Ultra Wide - Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5" - LG WH16NS40 Blu Burner - SoundBlaster Z - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel
* Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10
* Retired game rig i7 920 @ 3.9 - EVGA x58 - still going strong!

Heatware
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

Congrats! :partyman:
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

Congrate KnightRid :drinkers:
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Thank you all again :)

Mike

I wonder if this unit could be converted to work on just a video card - basically have 2 units in your case, 1 for cpu, 1 for gpu - doubt they make blocks for gpu though.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

please send me your shipping info!

As for splicing the line and adding something to it I'm not sure that will work as it doesn't have a fill port.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:please send me your shipping info!

As for splicing the line and adding something to it I'm not sure that will work as it doesn't have a fill port.
Oh ok -thought you had my info - PM'ing now :)

Mike

I meant to use one unit for the cpu and a whole separate unit for the gpu - I doubt it could handle both from one unit. I just dont know if there is a gpu block sold that would fit on this unit :)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

This is a sealed unit with no fill port so the only way you could mod this to fit on a GPU would be to somehow add another reservoir.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Guess what UPS just brought :supz: I will post more pics as I install it and get some temps!!! I hope to get this done by this weekend at the latest - gonna try tomorrow!
Twitter LR win Water cooling 003-resized.JPG
Twitter LR win Water cooling 003-resized.JPG (78.49 KiB) Viewed 13034 times
Twitter LR win Water cooling 011-resized.JPG
Twitter LR win Water cooling 011-resized.JPG (37.04 KiB) Viewed 13034 times
Twitter LR win Water cooling 013-resized.JPG
Twitter LR win Water cooling 013-resized.JPG (49.38 KiB) Viewed 13034 times

Thanx again!!!!

Mike
stereo55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by stereo55 »

Niiiice :finga: :) 8) .... * and jealous :P
* i7 5930K @ 4GHz 1.085v - Corsair H100i GTX - Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1
* Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb - HGST NAS 3TB - 2x WD Blue 1TB - 32gig Crucial 2133 - EVGA 980 Ti Classified - Corsair 780T/Seasonic 760 Platinum
* LG 34" Ultra Wide - Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5" - LG WH16NS40 Blu Burner - SoundBlaster Z - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel
* Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10
* Retired game rig i7 920 @ 3.9 - EVGA x58 - still going strong!

Heatware
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I said "screw it" and I installed it rather than cleaning :)

VERY quiet! I can hear the damn little chipset fan over top this thing! EASY to install! AMAZINGLY easy! Temps were 60C with the stock cooler running f@h and are now at 44C wiht the same running =D>

now for the bad - those rubber holders to hold the fan/radiator to the case, have me worried - they are pretty darn flimsy...lol I think the review stated this, but they do hold, so I will see what happens. I have the Cooler Master HAF-932 case with the 230mm side fan and the 140mm back fan. Of course the 140mm had to come off for the radiator and they were nice enough to include mounting holes for 120mm fans!! REL bad is the fact I can not get the side panel back on the case with the 230mm fan on :( there are mounting hole to replace the 230mm with 4 80's, so I might try and see if I can get 3 80's on there instead of the 1 230mm - still kinda sux because the 230mm is so quiet!

Other than that she is purring along VERY nicely!! I really didnt think the temps would drop that much, but they have! I may try and overclock this core i7-920 !!

Mike

OH all the temps are without going in to the bios and turning anything off in the bios yet - going to check that stuff now, and with the Domino at the lowest fan speed setting!!!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Just don't put tension or a ton of torque on the plastic lines and you will be fine... If you have to route it with force, then you'll have issues. If you just let it go natural then it will be fine... The tubes had me worried as well, but I've used several coolers with the same design and they are okay till you push them too hard.

Glad you look the cooler and that it improved your system!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

More pics!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Illuminati wrote:More pics!
I took some of it in the system - just have to wait till the wife brings the camera home to get them off :)

Didnt take any of the building of it, since it was so friggin easy!! backplate, 4 built in screws for the plate, and 4 rubber pulley things for the radiator fan!

I have it overclocked to 200mhz fsb right now ;) I boosted the voltage to around 1.3 on the cpu and the mem to around 1.66 and it has run stable all night with f@h running :mrgreen:

I will play with higher fsb settings today if I have time!!!

Mike
Apoptosis wrote:Just don't put tension or a ton of torque on the plastic lines and you will be fine... If you have to route it with force, then you'll have issues. If you just let it go natural then it will be fine... The tubes had me worried as well, but I've used several coolers with the same design and they are okay till you push them too hard.

Glad you look the cooler and that it improved your system!
It is AWESOME!! I cant thank you enough!!! I couldnt believe it was a new one!! I thought I would get the sample you got! TOTALLY IMPRESSED! If people want to get into water cooling the easy way, buy this NOW! I think I am getting better temps tahn Nate did in his review :finga: lol
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Are you going to post more pics?

If not I'd like to lock the thread.. Was keeping it open for you to post your pics.
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:Are you going to post more pics?

If not I'd like to lock the thread.. Was keeping it open for you to post your pics.
still holding out for the camera to make its way home *sigh* I am telling her again today! - if I do not have pictures up tomorrow, go ahead and lock it - she closes tonight so I am hoping I can remember to call her before she leaves and then she will bring it! darn women :p

Mike
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

OK, here are 2 more of it in the case - if you want some of the lcd while running. let me know. I have hidden the camera, so it should be here for me to use :mrgreen:

You like my cable management :finga: LOL - I was in a hurry to get it up and running to see the OC potential - one of these days I will fix it!

Mike
ALC Domino installed 001-resize.JPG
ALC Domino installed 001-resize.JPG (120.07 KiB) Viewed 12980 times
ALC Domino installed 002-resize.JPG
ALC Domino installed 002-resize.JPG (101.88 KiB) Viewed 12980 times