Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
Locked
User avatar
MonicaAMD
Legit Little One
Legit Little One
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:34 am
Contact:

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by MonicaAMD » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:36 am

Manduh wrote:
MonicaAMD wrote:Wow, I am just blown away by the fantastic designs so far! GREAT work, everyone!
Electric Dragon wrote:I'm gonna do some more just for fun and add them to my Facebook.
You should add them to Fan photos on the Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/AMD/
How do we add them? I was looking for some kind of "ADD PHOTO" button but didn't see one.
Oh, sorry about that -- all you have to do is post to the AMD Facebook wall and attach a photo - then it shows up in the Fan Photos section. :)

User avatar
Manduh
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by Manduh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:07 am

MonicaAMD wrote:Oh, sorry about that -- all you have to do is post to the AMD Facebook wall and attach a photo - then it shows up in the Fan Photos section. :)

OK THANKS :D :supz:
PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC 7xs - Intel Core i7-2600K / Cooling: PCAL Quiet Operation / Gigabyte Z68 / 16GB DDR3 1333 / AMD Radeon HD 5450 / 600 Watt PSU / SRT Drive: Intel 311 SSD (20GB) / Primary Drive: 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB cache / Audio Drive: 1TB, 7200RPM, 32MB cache / Sample Drive: 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache / OS: Windows 7 Professional x64

User avatar
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 33922
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by Apoptosis » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:16 am

Don't forget the Legit Reviews Fan Page on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/legitreviews#/p ... 7587158881
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!

Baggs
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:28 am

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by Baggs » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:21 am

DL13 wrote:There's no way I could compete with you guys, I'm crap at designing any thing and I don't have the knowledge for photo-shop
Good luck all.
Baggs wrote:Ok here is my entry.
Image



Good luck everyone.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kl68sp <-- .psd file (4MB)
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8946/h ... gsfina.png <-- Full size 3300x1800 .png image.
.
That looks rely good.

I'm glad you like it.
Lets hope the judges like it too !!111!oneone !! :supz:

User avatar
Manduh
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by Manduh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Apoptosis wrote:Don't forget the Legit Reviews Fan Page on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/legitreviews#/p ... 7587158881

"fanned" you :P
PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC 7xs - Intel Core i7-2600K / Cooling: PCAL Quiet Operation / Gigabyte Z68 / 16GB DDR3 1333 / AMD Radeon HD 5450 / 600 Watt PSU / SRT Drive: Intel 311 SSD (20GB) / Primary Drive: 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB cache / Audio Drive: 1TB, 7200RPM, 32MB cache / Sample Drive: 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache / OS: Windows 7 Professional x64

Electric Dragon
Legit Little One
Legit Little One
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by Electric Dragon » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:38 pm

DMB2000uk wrote:@Electric Dragon: It's probably best if you choose your best one, and remove the second submission yourself. Else depending on the mood of the judge, either the first one you posted will be chosen by default, or you'll be disqualified for not following rules. And we don't want the second one to happen do we!

Dan
Well I asked some of my friends which one they would like to see if it got made, and more chose the one with the AMD logo, so I'm gonna submit that version, which I will include here:

Image

Direct link (as before) is http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184 ... deon-1.jpg
Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 (Rev 2.0) / AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 5200 (2.7GHz) / 3GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHz / ASUS EAH4350 SILENT ATi Radeon HD4350 512MB / Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer / LG L1530S / Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with French, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese language packs installed.

Hein345
Legit User
Legit User
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by Hein345 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:59 pm

Well I asked some of my friends which one they would like to see if it got made, and more chose the one with the AMD logo, so I'm gonna submit that version, which I will include here:
[/quote]

It adds more up to the rest of the logo I guess, it indeed is better. GJ ;D
Last edited by Hein345 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

witeboy07
Legit Little One
Legit Little One
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by witeboy07 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:30 pm

Wut do you guys think? fully made custom..bullet style Hd 5870..fire wild...a killer card ready to take any graphics and games thrown at it,... :mrgreen: :snakeman:

Image

User avatar
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:36 pm
Location: Tucson, Arizona USA

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by DL13 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:22 pm

Baggs wrote:
DL13 wrote:There's no way I could compete with you guys, I'm crap at designing any thing and I don't have the knowledge for photo-shop
Good luck all.
Baggs wrote:Ok here is my entry.
Image



Good luck everyone.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kl68sp <-- .psd file (4MB)
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8946/h ... gsfina.png <-- Full size 3300x1800 .png image.
.
That looks rely good.

I'm glad you like it.
Lets hope the judges like it too !!111!oneone !! :supz:
It's very original is why I like it and hope the judges too, and welcome to LR
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"
Image

Baggs
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:28 am

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by Baggs » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:32 pm

DL13 wrote: It's very original is why I like it and hope the judges too, and welcome to LR
Btw, this is an awesome forum.
How come i never heard about this place before?

I read a couple reviews on hardware i was interested in and also about some stuff i never heard before ( wireless mobile charger O_o ) and i have to say they were actually objective reviews of the items.

Contest aside, im definitely going to be reading this forum a lot, even if i don't post, rest assured i'll be checking for hardware news at least a couple times per week.

User avatar
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7095
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:36 pm
Location: UK

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by DMB2000uk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:51 pm

Baggs wrote:
DL13 wrote: It's very original is why I like it and hope the judges too, and welcome to LR
Btw, this is an awesome forum.
How come i never heard about this place before?

I read a couple reviews on hardware i was interested in and also about some stuff i never heard before ( wireless mobile charger O_o ) and i have to say they were actually objective reviews of the items.

Contest aside, im definitely going to be reading this forum a lot, even if i don't post, rest assured i'll be checking for hardware news at least a couple times per week.
This is one of the reasons why we put on competitions! :mrgreen:

Welcome to Legit Reviews, Baggs :partyman:

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)

User avatar
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7095
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:36 pm
Location: UK

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by DMB2000uk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Hein345 wrote:So, this is a lil try from my side, have fun ;D

HQ Upload: http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/270 ... 700413.png

Image

Good luck everyone.

*Edit: New version, didn't like the red lines
Version 1: http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/269 ... ie-cut.png
Version 2: http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/269 ... 697800.png
Hein345, Can you make it clear which version you are entering please, as at the minute it just looks like you've thrown all three up for good luck :rolleyes:

As I said to Electric Dragon earlier; depending on the mood of the judge, either the first one you posted will be chosen by default, or you'll be disqualified for not following rules. And we don't want the second one to happen do we!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)

Hein345
Legit User
Legit User
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by Hein345 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:32 pm

DMB2000uk wrote: As I said to Electric Dragon earlier; depending on the mood of the judge, either the first one you posted will be chosen by default, or you'll be disqualified for not following rules. And we don't want the second one to happen do we!
Dan
Yes, I assumed for the first one to be chosen when the time is there, in the mean time I just put the others up to switch if I got a final decission.
I assume that I still got till the end date until they can disqualify me right?
Ohh and I saw my post wasn't very clear either, sorry for that.

trucz
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by trucz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:39 pm

For those who have images showing red x, convert your image into RGB mode.
MSI K9A2 CF
AMD X2 2.7GHz
Crucial 2GB DDR2 Ballistix
Seagate 500GB 7200.11

User avatar
skier
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4450
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:29 pm
Location: Maine
Contact:

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by skier » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:37 pm

trucz wrote:For those who have images showing red x, convert your image into RGB mode.
red x's is on your end, as i dont see any haha
i forget the setting you need to change :\
-Austin
Image
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups

User avatar
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7095
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:36 pm
Location: UK

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by DMB2000uk » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:57 am

Hein345 wrote:
DMB2000uk wrote: As I said to Electric Dragon earlier; depending on the mood of the judge, either the first one you posted will be chosen by default, or you'll be disqualified for not following rules. And we don't want the second one to happen do we!
Dan
Yes, I assumed for the first one to be chosen when the time is there, in the mean time I just put the others up to switch if I got a final decission.
I assume that I still got till the end date until they can disqualify me right?
Ohh and I saw my post wasn't very clear either, sorry for that.
Yeah, you wouldn't be disqualified (if at all) until the entries were collated at the end of the competition. It could be me being pedantic, but I just want to make sure everyone plays it safe rather than risk falling foul of the rules :partyman:

Now that it's clarified which one you're entering, you should be fine to leave your post in that style if you make any more changes. :)

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)

User avatar
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer
Posts: 4702
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 10:24 am
Location: STL

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by bubba » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:15 am

I have a question, what will be the color of the fan? HIS blue or ATI red?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Manduh
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by Manduh » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:48 am

bubba wrote:I have a question, what will be the color of the fan? HIS blue or ATI red?
I was wondering the same thing!! I was worried about the fan "being lost" in my red if it's the ATI red :(
PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC 7xs - Intel Core i7-2600K / Cooling: PCAL Quiet Operation / Gigabyte Z68 / 16GB DDR3 1333 / AMD Radeon HD 5450 / 600 Watt PSU / SRT Drive: Intel 311 SSD (20GB) / Primary Drive: 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB cache / Audio Drive: 1TB, 7200RPM, 32MB cache / Sample Drive: 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache / OS: Windows 7 Professional x64

User avatar
Manduh
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by Manduh » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:49 am

trucz wrote:For those who have images showing red x, convert your image into RGB mode.
I'm not seeing any Xs either, you must have it so images can't be displayed or something
PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC 7xs - Intel Core i7-2600K / Cooling: PCAL Quiet Operation / Gigabyte Z68 / 16GB DDR3 1333 / AMD Radeon HD 5450 / 600 Watt PSU / SRT Drive: Intel 311 SSD (20GB) / Primary Drive: 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB cache / Audio Drive: 1TB, 7200RPM, 32MB cache / Sample Drive: 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache / OS: Windows 7 Professional x64

shadowspy
Legit Little One
Legit Little One
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:25 am

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by shadowspy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:31 am

Well, I'm always in for contests so here is my entry:

Image

Good luck to everybody!

Locked