December Forum Contest: ECS Motherboard & Intel CPU

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
Sovereign
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sovereign »

Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking of eBaying the stuff at first but then I realized that
A. It's rude
B. There's gotta be some use for these parts when I have $$$.
So, Pentium D = massive overclockage for new gaming rig next year
ECS 945P-A = media server w/Celeron
Play
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz :: 8GB DDR2-800 :: eVGA 9800GX2 :: 7900GTX (secondary) :: abit IP35 Pro :: 150GB Raptor 10k RPM :: 2x750GB WD Caviar :: 120GB WD :: X-Fi XtremeMusic :: NEC 4551A :: BenQ DVD Combodrive (52x32x52) :: Dual 22" Acer AL2216W :: Thermaltake Armor Black :: Logitech Z5500 5.1

Work
Core 2 Duo @ 2.53GHz :: 4GB DDR3 @ 1067MHz :: 3670 :: Intel PM45 Chipset :: 500GB 5400RPM SATA :: Integrated Audio :: BD-ROM/DVD Burner :: 16" 1920x1080 RGBLED
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Bigblockmatt's DC Number: 03051720000259454186
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

cool bud, thanks for the update. i was just joking around with my last post. no big deal, I am very greatful and thankful that you guys do things that YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO!! rest assured, i will not be selling the prize. I plan on putting together another rig with all the extra/old parts I got laying around, get some folding going on...figure might as well atleast put the parts together, let them collect dust inside a comp case rather than a box. Again, thanks for the prize!!!
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Yeah that does suck that someone actually went and put the stuff on e-bay.....man.......well I won't go any further than that, to prevent from pissing off anyone, besides the fact I definitely would have put that to good use, lol.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

Apop, maybe you should make a rule like:

- contestants would have to agree to use and keep the prize or (if they don't need it) someone else will be drawn.
- if the winner sells it (breaches the agreement), he/she gets banned from the forum

just a suggestion.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

sounds like a winner to me......it would also make sure we're getting in some good members, instead of those who join just for the contests
Bigedmond
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bigedmond »

crap, to bad ECS is sending them out. I dont care if the person gets upset, they are the ass. People who cant afford that kind of equipment, really want to get it, but they get it and pawn it like a stolen stereo. Thanks bud.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

sounds like something someone around the neighborhood where I live would do......pawning stuff.

OFF TOPIC: speaking of "unsavory actions", I awoke at 3am this morning to the sound of shotgun fire........bout pissed myself because of the harmonics of the brick walls on either side of the 4-lane highway, and considering I live along the highway (right next to it), it sounded like it was right outside my house.....county cops were flashing spotlights and everything trying to find who did it, turned up nothing though........makes me want to keep an 80,000 volt tazer with me at all times.......in case I get broken into, I hide behind something so it doesn't look like I'm there, and I hit em with the tazer before they can pop a cap in my ass.....believe me, a tazer will make you dump a weapon (and your waste, rofl) in a heartbeat

anyways, yeah......these contests were designed to give something back to this community of people, and I don't appreciate it when someone does something like that.......I'm a broke college student, and I know if I got something like that, it wouldn't be going up on e-bay or a pawn shop or even in a friend's system......it'd be sitting up in an Antec Sonata II I would overnight just to get the system up and running......sad really.....
Black Mesa Scientist
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Black Mesa Scientist »

I won, I bought the prizes for 400 bucks! :finga:

kiddin :mrgreen:
Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2300MHZ =3650+ Stock Voltage
eVGA GF6800GS 485/1200.
2x512 Corsair XMS 3200LLPT
AsRock 939-Dualsata2
Sweex 400WATT 18amps
Dual layer DVD-RW
2x80GB seagate Barracuda!!!!

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

:finga: :rolleyes:
Sovereign
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sovereign »

Even if I can't use the prizes now, I WILL use them, I just don't have the $$$ to use them right yet. (As in a bare proc and mobo aint much use without RAM, HDD etc). No I'm not using my existing rig. It's an AMD, DDR1 w/AGP otherwise I would, cause I want to see the real world perf on a Pentium D (no benchies, I want to use it myself).
Play
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz :: 8GB DDR2-800 :: eVGA 9800GX2 :: 7900GTX (secondary) :: abit IP35 Pro :: 150GB Raptor 10k RPM :: 2x750GB WD Caviar :: 120GB WD :: X-Fi XtremeMusic :: NEC 4551A :: BenQ DVD Combodrive (52x32x52) :: Dual 22" Acer AL2216W :: Thermaltake Armor Black :: Logitech Z5500 5.1

Work
Core 2 Duo @ 2.53GHz :: 4GB DDR3 @ 1067MHz :: 3670 :: Intel PM45 Chipset :: 500GB 5400RPM SATA :: Integrated Audio :: BD-ROM/DVD Burner :: 16" 1920x1080 RGBLED
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

definitely a good thing to hear man.....everyone can definitely use an upgrade eh, lol
Sovereign
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sovereign »

Even if a year from now the Pentium D gets owned by Presler Pentiums, there's no rule against OCing past 4GHz and watching it fly...and using the ECS 945P-A for a media server (it's not really a gamer's board, dual PCI-E 8x/16x, don't know which, but no CrossFire or SLi....)
Play

Work
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

yep, which is the reason why I like to build my systems with components I know will be supported for a long, long time. I figure if I'm going to pour my hard-earned dollar into a high-end system for that time, I will put it to good use in the future when it's supposedly dated.......I've learned to become extremely shrewd with my money recently, heheh
hainer36
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hainer36 »

sbohdan wrote:Apop, maybe you should make a rule like:

- contestants would have to agree to use and keep the prize or (if they don't need it) someone else will be drawn.
- if the winner sells it (breaches the agreement), he/she gets banned from the forum

just a suggestion.
hey hey hey now, when i won the Laptop memory, i was contacted by a fellow forumite...ya i said that... who was intrested in the ram, seeing as i had 0 use for it, i figured i could let him take it for a reasonable price, not retail, but at least enough that it wasnt like i was only in it for the money
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

hainer36 wrote:
sbohdan wrote:Apop, maybe you should make a rule like:

just a suggestion.
hey hey hey now, when i won the Laptop memory, i was contacted by a fellow forumite...ya i said that... who was intrested in the ram, seeing as i had 0 use for it, i figured i could let him take it for a reasonable price, not retail, but at least enough that it wasnt like i was only in it for the money

relax, my suggestion concerns future contests. I think, in a case like yours, the winner should just refuse the prize and it should be put up for a draw again, so other members who reallly need it (like ex: killswitch, who is struggaling with a k6-2), would have a chance to get it. my suggestion would make the contests more fair as apoptosis said:
On a side note the reason we have no contest this month is because one of the ECS winners from this month is already selling the hardware on another site. In the future we are going to make some new rules on the contests... I personally don't care if you sell the stuff, but at least wait a bit and all. The reason I started doing contests here is so people that couldn't afford the hardware they read about can have a chance to get it. I was a broke college student at one point in my life and winning some hardware would have been awesome. Seeing people winning these contests and selling them for full price on other sites is not the reason I started doing this. It is bound to happen from time and time again, but not the desired outcome and doens't look good to the companies that sponsor the Legit Forum Contests.

The whole point of these forums is to build a community. A place to help others and learn a bit too.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

Apoptosis wrote:On a side note the reason we have no contest this month is because one of the ECS winners from this month is already selling the hardware on another site. In the future we are going to make some new rules on the contests... I personally don't care if you sell the stuff, but at least wait a bit and all. The reason I started doing contests here is so people that couldn't afford the hardware they read about can have a chance to get it. I was a broke college student at one point in my life and winning some hardware would have been awesome. Seeing people winning these contests and selling them for full price on other sites is not the reason I started doing this. It is bound to happen from time and time again, but not the desired outcome and doens't look good to the companies that sponsor the Legit Forum Contests.

The whole point of these forums is to build a community. A place to help others and learn a bit too.
I totally agree with that.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Apoptosis wrote:hung over from CES? I didn't even get a chance to go out drinking! ECS was e-mailed the winners info this week and they have all the products and are shipping them out. The reason bigblockmatt didn't get his drive yet is because that came out of my personal stash (meaning I bought it) and got lost during my move to my new house. It's also on the way this week. Everyone else has gotten their prizes from November.

On a side note the reason we have no contest this month is because one of the ECS winners from this month is already selling the hardware on another site. In the future we are going to make some new rules on the contests... I personally don't care if you sell the stuff, but at least wait a bit and all. The reason I started doing contests here is so people that couldn't afford the hardware they read about can have a chance to get it. I was a broke college student at one point in my life and winning some hardware would have been awesome. Seeing people winning these contests and selling them for full price on other sites is not the reason I started doing this. It is bound to happen from time and time again, but not the desired outcome and doens't look good to the companies that sponsor the Legit Forum Contests.

Off my soap box.
It sucks to see people do stupid stuff like this. I could have put that motherboard and processor to such good use. My Athlon XP 2600+ just isn't cuttin' it for me anymore, being that it is going on 3 years old. Sure it's faster than what some people have, but it's getting to be a very slow and outdated CPU.

Nate, if I ever think of any way to help prevent this in the future, I'll shoot you a PM! :P
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

I feel your pain buddy, lol......as I reiterate, one look at my sig tells ya that, haha :lol:
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

Ohh, that bastard. -Stops refreshing the page looking for jan's contest-

Who did it who did it who did it :axe: