February 2007 Forum Contest - XFX 8800 GTS 320 Video Card

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
sushrukh
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by sushrukh »

liqnit wrote:You can also ask them to write is as sample card for testing...
Good to see you here liqnit.By the way,how can I request them ? I don't know them.This thing has to be handled by the moderators or administrators who r organizing these contests.Only they can tell the companies that not to write any price on the shipping invoice.But it would be better if companys themselves understand & do that for us keeping it mind that not everybody is capable of paying or would like to pay such high duties on something they've own as a prize.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I'm in no position to tell a company how to ship their products. I'm sure that XFX ships their products out correctly as they specifically told me that the winner is in charge of the duties and fees. XFX once told me about shipping a card to Brazil that ended up costing them more than what the card was worth, so I'm guessing they do the paperwork right.

I'm happy that I was able to talk XFX into shipping worldwide, but it would not be right to ask them to incorrectly fill out the shipping label. This is after all Legit Reviews! :)
Last edited by Apoptosis on Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I don't think a large company is going to take the chance of getting busted for import violations just to keep people from paying duties on a contest prize........... :mrgreen:

One good thing about life today, if you don't like the laws where you live, or where you live, move.............. :finga:
zachig
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by zachig »

Apoptosis wrote:I'm in no position to tell a company how to ship their products. I'm sure that XFX ships their products out correctly as they specifically told me that the winner is in charge of the duties and fees. XFX once told me about shipping a card to Brazil that ended up costing them more than what the card was worth, so I'm guessing they do the paperwork right.

I'm happy that I was able to talk XFX into shipping worldwide, but it would not be right to ask them to incorrectly fill out the shipping label. This is after all Legit Reviews! :)
I absolutely agree with you, Apoptosis! I really respect XFX and like their products. I've already won their cards one time and I had no problem with the card being shipped world-wide. We really cannot expect them to change their way of filling out the shipping/duties forms and/or of course, NOT to lie or cheat when filling them out. :)

I'm pretty sure they'll do their best to ship the card to the selected winner in the best and fastest way, as they don't have only great products but also great service and customer support. :)

Anyway, let's all just wait for the winner to be announced first, before starting to discuss on how the card should be shipped to the winner. :mrgreen:

So...GOOD LUCK (again...) everyone!!! :rolleyes:
amdathlonfx
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by amdathlonfx »

Count me in.Best of luck to all.Hope i win this time.
sushrukh
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by sushrukh »

Apoptosis wrote:I'm in no position to tell a company how to ship their products. I'm sure that XFX ships their products out correctly as they specifically told me that the winner is in charge of the duties and fees. XFX once told me about shipping a card to Brazil that ended up costing them more than what the card was worth, so I'm guessing they do the paperwork right.

I'm happy that I was able to talk XFX into shipping worldwide, but it would be right to ask them to incorrectly fill out the shipping label. This is after all Legit Reviews! :)

Sorry Apoptosis, i didn't mean that way.I've full faith on XFX coz I've always used XFX graphics cards & I'll continue to do so & I do believe that XFX knows how to deal with these matters better than me.So, it's best to let them decide what to do.

Sooooooooooory again boss.I didn't say anything to offend you.I'm just saying that coz I had to undergo from this situation many times but no problem this time coz I can do anything for that killer G80.Many thanks for making it worldwide.

Zachig, i'm sorry for my comment & agree with you.XFX is a reputed company which knows how to deal this kinda things better.

Best of luck to everybody.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

Canadians are allowed? wooohoooo I'm in. :finga:
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Recontaz
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Recontaz »

Good thing I live in the USA don't have to worry about those so called duties and fee's. I have never heard of anything like that. WOWOWOW :shock:
Recontaz
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Recontaz »

Gonna have to go into the forum to get the correct info on a good motherboard and chip set. Im all the way pentium. Like they say if it ain't broke don't fix it. Well hahaha I want to fix my darn video card. So Im in it to win it............ Good luck to all........
Recontaz
Legit User
Legit User

Motherboard question about the video card and pentium

Post by Recontaz »

Hey, quick question. I have the ASUS P5WD2 Premeium motherboard. And it is a 775 socket. I bought it last year around July. Would the core duel 2 chip fit this motherboard. And also its PCI express but it does not handle SLI , so would that video card match up to this motherboard, if so. :axe:
sushrukh
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: Motherboard question about the video card and pentium

Post by sushrukh »

Recontaz wrote:Hey, quick question. I have the ASUS P5WD2 Premeium motherboard. And it is a 775 socket. I bought it last year around July. Would the core duel 2 chip fit this motherboard. And also its PCI express but it does not handle SLI , so would that video card match up to this motherboard, if so. :axe:
You can't install a Core 2 Duo CPU on your mobo.It can only support upto Pentium D processors but you can use SLI.This mobo supports PEG link & you can install 2 graphic cards on it to run SLI.

To see it urself go here :-
-----------------------------------------------

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/sho ... ost1167631

Read the entire page & you will know that SLI is working on a ASUS P5WD2 Premeium mobo.
muchmore
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Count me in!

Post by muchmore »

I would LOVE to win that card!
Casper
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Casper »

Hey there, count me in on this contest!
Found my way here from the inquirer.net .
This is an awesome prize, I really hope to win it as its the best card to forfill my 1280 x 768 resolution requirements.

Ive been waiting for AMD/ATI to release there video cards but its just taking way too long! (the first cards they eventually release will be too good for me)

I must win this contest or sell kidneys to buy this card myself.
Your not crazy if you take the right pills everyday
muchmore
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

PSU with this GPU

Post by muchmore »

Can anyone tell me if a Power PC & Cooling Silencer 610 PSU is powerful enough to use with this card?

I am currently running:

Asus A8N-SLI Premium
Opteron 185 (love that dual core goodness!)
2 GB ram
4 sata HD's (varying in size)
2 XFX GeForce 7800 GT's in SLI
SB X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro

Of course I would be replacing the 2 7800GT's with the one 8800 if I win. :mrgreen:

Thanks!
Muchmore
Casper
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Casper »

Regarding Canadian/USA duty fees, I think if you label the parcel as a gift the duty fees are waived. I wonder if this works for other countries as well.
Your not crazy if you take the right pills everyday
muchmore
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

AMD/ATI cards

Post by muchmore »

I have to admit - with the driver issues with Vista and the 8800's, I have been looking forward to seeing how ATI/AMD's drivers fare in Vista. Not that I am big fan of Vista right now - I am waiting to see how it goes in the first service pack.
InsolenceAndHeresy
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by InsolenceAndHeresy »

entered! wootage.
medgamer
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Count me IN!

Post by medgamer »

:) A DX10 card, how long have we been waiting for this... and now it's being given away for free... I'll take one please!
toolegit2quit
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by toolegit2quit »

Im in like flint!! Yee hah!
Merid
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Merid »

I'm IN!! Sounds (or looks) sweet to me!