March 2007 Drawing - 3 2GB Super Talent DDR2 800MHz Kits

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

Thanks to LR and Super Talent for a great giveaway!

This should be fun! :mrgreen:
Mad_Goku
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Mad_Goku »

Just built a new system, but I'm in for this.....great memory. Plus my first LR contest!
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz
Asus P8P67 PRO
ATI 5870
8 GB G-Skill Ripjaw X 1600 @ 7-8-7-24
120gb G-Skill Sniper SSD

sushrukh
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by sushrukh »

Apoptosis wrote:
sushrukh wrote:Wow, sweet.Count me in.Oops, not international ? I really wanted to win those memories but once again i'm not eligible to enter.Wish if u could make this contest worldwide like the previous one. :cry:
It was going to be international, but Super Talent has also had issues with winners in some pretty remote country over the past couple months and wanted to limit it to USA/Canada and Western Europe. I was able to talk them into all of North America and all of Europe, so I tired my best and as a result more have a chance to win. I see what country you are from sushrukh and to be honest that is the one they had troubles with last month. :(
That really sad Apoptosis.I think they might have faced some courier related problems.But it's not done.They just can't keep any country out because they have faced delivery problems once with that country.Only to keep my country out of this contest,they have even banned the whole Asia !!!!.You had issues with delivering a prize in past as u told us but despite that u've made the previous month's contest worldwide.Very sweet of u.That's what i'm saying.The top 3 large courier companys work here in my country like FedEx,DHL & UPS.So, if they had any issues with delivering any prize to my country they can easily switch to other courier companys.Only thing required is a " wish or will " coz u know when there's a will,there's a way.But.......

Apoptosis, why giving everything to richer people who can easily buy that stuff on their own ? I really wished that i would be able to take part but alas.I'll have to stick to my DDR modules for a long time.
Last edited by sushrukh on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

@sushrukh: You obviously don't realise how much apop does for his readers around here, he's already talked super talent into opening the entry countries wider, its not his fault if the sponsor company has blacklisted countries based on a few people, but this is often the case, few spoil it for many.

@apop: Thanks for an awesome giveaway once again. :)

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
sushrukh
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by sushrukh »

DMB2000uk wrote:@sushrukh: You obviously don't realise how much apop does for his readers around here, he's already talked super talent into opening the entry countries wider, its not his fault if the sponsor company has blacklisted countries based on a few people, but this is often the case, few spoil it for many.

Dan
Please post after reading my post clearly.Read the line in bold.I've thanked him many times b4 for making the previous month's contest worldwide & whatever i said in my post was to Super Talent, not to Apoptosis coz i know he's a very generous guy who always try to help us & provide us stuffz as much as he can.

How did u know that Super Talent blacklisted some countries based on a few people ? Super Talent told u personally ? I think they have faced some courier related problems of their own & it has nothing to do with our countrymen & the contest entries from my country & how the heck we r spoiling ur chances anyways ?

I don't think, saying bad words for other countrymen will better ur chances in the contest.So, please watch ur language b4 u say something about others.Thanks.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Now, now... I think you both are mis-interpreting each other's comments... Let's move on and enjoy yet another free giveaway. Rules are rules, even if you don't like them. When the contest is sponsored by a company, LR does not dictate who is eligible to win. This issue has been brought up before and all we can say is 'maybe next time.'

<soapbox>
Fact of the matter is that a lot of companies have offices or branches around the world. In many cases, each branch has their own marketing department for their particular region and thus has their own allocations of product to disperse for marketing purposes. Since LR is based in the US, we have to deal primarily with the US branch office of many of the companies we interact with. So in the end, it doesn't make good business sense for some of our sponsors to open up the contests to the whole world when they could be shipping a product that was allocated for marketing purposes to the US consumers to a different country. They would be shipping a product to a region that has its own allocations, so the US region of our sponsor just lost a product that was allocated for US marketing. Understand?

So to sum it up, some companies just won't/can't offer world-wide contests for the reasons I just stated, while others who feel generous may open the contest to a few other countries or regions, and even fewer will open the contest world-wide.
</soapbox>

Good luck to all who enter any of our contests!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

Count me in for sure.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
x0dyssey
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by x0dyssey »

sweet count me in on this! it would be nice start to new system. its nice!

8)
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility.

Karl Marx
amdathlonfx
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by amdathlonfx »

x0dyssey wrote:sweet count me in on this! it would be nice start to new system. its nice!

8)
Yes, 2GB will be just fine to run Vista.Count me in.Thanks. :lol:
Toebot
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Yummy!

Post by Toebot »

The only thing keeping me from all that delicious C2D gravy is the hundreds of dollars I have invested in good DDR. Well, that and the outrageous price spike memory has been on for the last year. Come on lucky seven!
super_cool
Legit User
Legit User

Post by super_cool »

I will be able to upgrade my PC to a C2D or an Athlon X2.Those memories will make my upgrade path a lot easier.Please count me in.Hope i win.Best of luck to all though.
Tyron
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Tyron »

A very fine giveaway. I'm entered.
Pengwin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Pengwin »

Oooo! i wanna join.
x0dyssey
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by x0dyssey »

amdathlonfx wrote:Yes, 2GB will be just fine to run Vista.Count me in.Thanks. :lol:
PSh vista, for me right now vista sucks, i cant use XNA on it, although it worked for the last year for me perfectly fine, but it doesnt work with release. LAME, oh well i can live with xp till i get my other system built, and i can always dual boot.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility.

Karl Marx
werewolfdaddy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werewolfdaddy »

I'm in. I'm in. I'm in. I'm in. I love this site. I'm in the beginning stages of putting together a Core 2 duo system and this would be perfect for it.
Zenphic
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Zenphic »

Neat. Thanks for the giveaway LR and SuperTalent :)
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

Dragon_Cooler wrote:im in like flinn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the heck is flin?????

whatever it is i am in

but i did fill in the form..... :(
flinn is more commonly spelled Flynn and he is an artist:

http://www.illect.com/artist_flynn.php

;)
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

I'm in.
sushrukh
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by sushrukh »

Hey, just look at this month's contest header which reads as :-

March 2007 Drawing - 3 2GB Super Talent DDR2 800MHz Kits.

For a moment i thought that its :-

March 2007 Drawing - 32GB Super Talent DDR2 800MHz Kits

Now, anybody interested in 32 GB of DDR2 memories ?
snowking03
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by snowking03 »

Great contest, especially for those of us finally thinking about upgrading to a dual core + PCI E finally.
Rigs:
AMD 3400+ Claw, DFI NF3 250GB, 1GB XMS3200 2-2-2-5, 9800 Pro, 2x80GB WD HDD Raid0, 320GB External
Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo, Test Pipe, WB02, Boost controller, EGR delete, Autometer Cobalts, etc.