Corsair Says P Series SSDs Will Get TRIM Firmware Soon

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Corsair Says P Series SSDs Will Get TRIM Firmware Soon

Post by Apoptosis »

When I reviewed the Corsair P256 SSD back in April of 2009 it wasn't known if the drive would ever support TRIM or not. Months later the guys over at Corsair said that it should be able to and that we could expect a firmware update around the time Windows 7 launches. Legit Reviews managed to track down a person in the know today at Corsair and got some answers on when the Corsair P series of SSDs with the Samsung controller would be getting some new firmware that supports TRIM.
You can report that the new firmware supporting TRIM is currently being tested and an end-user tool to flash to the newest firmware revision should be in the not-too-distant future…
We went the extra step and talked to Samsung only to find out the holdup might be not so much the firmware, but the utility needed to flash the firmware to the newest version. We asked Corsair if the firmware would be destructive or non-destructive and they said they aren't sure, so that is the only thing in question.

The heart of the P256 is the Samsung S3C29RBB01-YK40 controller that is shown above.

Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
leexgx
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: Corsair Says P Series SSDs Will Get TRIM Firmware Soon

Post by leexgx »

i would like to know if the p128 is going to have it as well (as i have that drive)

if your using windows 7 you can use its hard disk back up software works very well or acrions true image (if you have an WD segate or maxtor its free) so if the drive does have to lose data not really an problem as your going to img the drive any way before updating it