Optical drive prices????

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Optical drive prices????

Post by camaroguy1998 »

I know I'm kind of a dinosaur but, I like my Optical drives!
Whether they are DVD or BD!
Being an ASUS fan, I was buying new DVD drives as low as $12.99 earlier this year!
In the last few months I have not seen a drive less than $15 and most are $17! Yes that's on sale! Regular price is $22-$24.
Even the Lite On's are going for $15-17.
BD drives have went up too! I paid $40 for my last 2 BD-r's. The last one I saw was $75.
Is there something going on I don't know about or is it just that they're not in demand as much as they used to be?

:cry:
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Optical drive prices????

Post by bubba »

its sad, not many are buying them. Less people buying, less volume, price goes up.

I use BD-R for archiving stuff at work. Not uncommon to go back 4 or 5 years to restore a file that hasn't been touched in that time. Not looking forward to when optical goes away for good. That will suck.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
KnightRid

Re: Optical drive prices????

Post by KnightRid »

bubba wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:13 am its sad, not many are buying them. Less people buying, less volume, price goes up.
Bingo. People just do not have the brain capacity to understand a physical disc will give you better quality EVERY time. They want convenience and simplicity so cloud service is great for the non videophiles. I will rip my own discs without any compression to stream in the house rtather than buying a downloadable file that uses loss compression.

One day maybe people wioll wake up or else once 5g is around then maybe they will stop compressing the stuff and stream full quality movies and tv shows.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: