Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
- Site Admin
- Posts: 33922
- Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:45 pm
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
This just came out this morning... Grab them while they are hot - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
The driver weighs in at 95.7MB for the 64-bit Vista driver!
This is a WHQL-candidate driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, and 200-series desktop GPUs.
New in Release 182.05:
* Recommended for the best experience in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
* Boosts performance in numerous 3D applications. The following are some examples of improvements measured with Release 182.05 WHQL drivers vs. Release 181.22 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
o Up to 8% performance increase in Fallout 3 at high resolution and AA.
o Up to 10% performance increase in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
o Up to 9% performance increase in Half-Life 2 at high resolution with AA.
o Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.
o Up to 10% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID at high resolution and AA.
* Includes full support for OpenGL 3.0 on GeForce 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs.
* Automatically installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0203.
* Additional information on specific bug fixes can be found in the release documentation notes.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
* Supports NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode. Learn more here.
* Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here. Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
* Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #2. Download these free PhysX and CUDA applications now!
* Supports CUDA.
* Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
- Legit Extremist
- Posts: 662
- Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:57 am
- Location: USA
- Legit Extremist
- Posts: 1767
- Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:25 pm
- Location: Las Vegas
Now...did they say it was a candidate due to it being beta or it one of those political guff Nvidia is pullin?..I ask since the link only got me to the 181.22 WHQL drivers...and list the 182.05 as beta on their site..beta drivers give my system the runs lol i got confused when I saw WHQL on the post lol
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD x2 | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | Logitech G502 | Logitech G810| BenQ Zowie XL2730 27" monitor | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Legit Extremist
- Posts: 1271
- Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:28 pm
- Location: Waukesha, WI
nice boost for GRID
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - Asus GTX 1070 DUAL 8GB - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 27" LED
- Posts: 1048
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:46 am
- Location: Toronto, Canada
How good are these for Folding? lol.
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
I AM CANADIAN!
- Legit Enthusiast
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:10 pm
- Location: Beirut, Lebanon
does those fix the Unreal 3 powered engine games crash on vista x64? i am having problems with my old 8800Gtx and those games since forceware 178.xx
edit: i've read on other forums that they may fix this issue, hopefully they will do
-Intel Core 2Quad Q6600--ECS PN2 SLI2+ 680i-4GB OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 SLI-ready Edition-XFX Geforce GTX280--X-fi Fat1ality FPS-Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W PSU-LG Flatron L1710B