EVGA GTX295 Overclocking

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
sbjlsmtj
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

EVGA GTX295 Overclocking

Post by sbjlsmtj »

I was reading on a few sites that the 295 does not run as well as it can with the factory setttings and that you need to overclock it to get the peak performance out of it. I think it was mainly voltages they were talking about in maximumpc. So I was wondering if there is a step by step guide out there on how to overclock the card. I have never overclocked anything before, so I need an "overclocking for dummies" type guide. The reason for me wanting to overclock it, is that I play world of warcraft and if I turn all the effects up, then my frame rate goes down to like 16fps and I bought my whole rig for to be able to turn everything up and still play without choppiness. Any help would be great. I am also going to post a similar question for the i7 core in that forum.

Above all, I want things to still be stable just a bit faster. Thanks again.
NZXT Tempest Case with Ultra X3 1000w PS...............Velociraptor 300gb HD
Intel Core i7 920......................................................12 gb Corsair DDR-3 1333 Dominator Ram
Asus P6T Deluxe MB..................................................Asetek CPU Liquid Cooling
EVGA GTX295 Video..................................................Vista Home Prem 64
40" Toshiba Monitor
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: EVGA GTX295 Overclocking

Post by InspectahACE »

if you're playing WoW and you're gettin that low of a framerate on that rig, then something isn't configured right at all. I mean, I'd understand if you bumped the anti-aliasing up to 16x AA but there's no diff from 8x and 16x..Personally, the onyl thing you should need to OC is your cpu. Overclocking the gpu won't get you much to be honest. not worth the risk for the tiny jump in fps. I see u posted about overclocking the cpu so you should be fine from there. Its easy to OC an i7. I have mine up to 4ghz. but seriously, you do not need to OC the video card with a rig like yours. OC the cpu and you're set...but if you really want to..EVGA has their Precision tool which controls the gpu speeds and fan speeds.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro