eVGA's New Lifetime Warranty...

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
One4yu2c
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

eVGA's New Lifetime Warranty...

Post by One4yu2c »

New to me, at least - I wasn't aware of the update last month. From here on out, it looks like the stellar BFG is not the only video card manufacturer with a true lifetime warranty (PNY doesn't count, their definition is a joke):
  • In keeping with our valued ideology, we are pleased to offer the new EVGA Lifetime Warranty.

For our retail Graphics Card products purchased on or after June 22, 2005, EVGA will provide a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of each graphics card that the product will not suffer, in material or workmanship, from any defect that adversely affects the performance of the graphics card. This lifetime warranty is valid for the life of the graphics card, so long as the original purchaser owns the card, based upon the following conditions:

• Lifetime Warranty is for all retail Graphics Card products ending in the part numbers AX, DX, or FX
    • There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU, or components

We will repair or replace the defective parts free of charge (no refunds). All you pay is the shipping charge to return the product to EVGA.
eVGA Lifetime Warranty Link

Let's hope this is the beginning of a trend. \:D/
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I hope so too!
Sovereign
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sovereign »

I've heard that BFG occasionally declarse bankruptcy (people at HardForum) and voids all lifetime warranties, I hope eVGA doesn't do that
Knight Who Says Ni!
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Knight Who Says Ni! »

w00t, one of the cheapest manufactorers(sp) aslo gets a lifetime warranty!
One4yu2c
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by One4yu2c »

Sovereign wrote:I've heard that BFG occasionally declarse bankruptcy (people at HardForum) and voids all lifetime warranties, I hope eVGA doesn't do that
Sovereign wrote:I've heard that BFG occasionally declarse bankruptcy (people at HardForum) and voids all lifetime warranties, I hope eVGA doesn't do that
Interesting - have a link for this? From what I understood, when VisionTek went bankrupt, BFG bought their nVidia factory (and I could be mistaken on this, don't quote me). Since then, VisionTek has been invested in and is back, but I've personally never heard anything about BFG declaring bankruptcy in the past, let alone more than once.

I've heard that some of VisionTek's people went over to BFG, but have never read anything more substancial than rumor/speculation.

What I can say about BFG based on personal experience is that their customer support reps are some of the best and most responsive in the industry, rivaled only by OCZ in my opinion (which is obviously not a video card manufacturer competitor). Back in November, I had small issue with a 6800 Ultra card and posed the question to them - I sent the email after midnight (12:03am EST) and received a NON-automated reply stamped 16 minutes later, 12:19am EST. There's not other word to describe that besides "cool."
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I've heard that some of VisionTek's people went over to BFG, but have never read anything more substancial than rumor/speculation.
That is a fact that I can confirm personally.
Knight Who Says Ni!
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Knight Who Says Ni! »

I heard about that BFG scenario, but I beleive it only happened once and then they came back in full force.