XFX 8800GTS 640 PV-T80G-THD9 Warranty Issue - Lifetime?

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

XFX 8800GTS 640 PV-T80G-THD9 Warranty Issue - Lifetime?

Post by dgood »

I have one of these cards sitting here dead. I was under the impression that this card had a lifetime limited or double lifetime limed warranty. It will not show picture at startup anymore so I assume something is wrong :P. I contacted XFX with the serial # and Model number (in the title). They told me the warranty on that card has expired. This Card is listed on buy.com saying it has a lifetime warranty. Thoughts on what I should do? I don't have the box or paperwork anymore as it is an oldish card. Thanks all.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 8800GTS 640 PV-T80G-THD9

Post by Apoptosis »

I'm guessing you didn't register the card... I copy/pasted the lifetime warranty details you mentioned and it clearly states you have to register the card within 30 days to get the lifetime warranty. If you fail to do this you get a one year warranty.

If you have the original receipt then I might be able to help you out, but they do the fine print like this for a reason.

If you don't have the receipt then you can then try the oven mod and if that fails use it for target practice.
LIMITED WARRANTY ON XFX-BRANDED HARDWARE FOR NORTH AMERICA (UNITED STATES AND CANADA)

XFX-branded hardware products purchased in the United States come with a limited hardware warranty that extends to end-user customers. Other persons in the distribution chain, including those purchasing hardware products for resale, are governed by a separate agreement.

What is covered by this limited hardware warranty?

This limited hardware warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship in your — our end-user customer's — XFX-branded hardware products. The hardware products covered by this limited hardware warranty include the following products if purchased in the United States after April 17, 2007: XFX motherboards (“Motherboards”) and the XFX GeForce 6-series and later graphics cards and XFX Radeon HD Series graphics cards (collectively “Graphics Cards”).

What is not covered by this limited hardware warranty?

This limited hardware warranty does not cover:

- Products other than the XFX GeForce 6-series and later Graphics Cards, XFX Radeon Series Graphics Cards, and XFX Motherboards purchased in the United States after April 17, 2007.

- Software or drivers provided by XFX or third parties.

- Problems that result from: (1) external causes such as accident, abuse, or problems with electrical power, (2) usage that is not in accordance with product instructions, (3) failure to follow the product instructions or failure to perform preventive maintenance; (4) products that are not in their original condition or that are not complete with all original components, or (5) problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by XFX.

- Products for which XFX has not received payment.

XFX’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN HARDWARE IS LIMITED TO REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD REFLECTED BELOW. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD HAS EXPIRED. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you.

WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY OR FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES, FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR FOR LOST DATA OR LOST SOFTWARE. OUR LIABILITY WILL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM. THIS IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT FOR WHICH WE ARE RESPONSIBLE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.

How does state law apply?

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state (or jurisdiction to jurisdiction).
How long does this limited warranty last?

MOTHERBOARDS: The limited hardware warranty for Motherboards lasts for a time period of two years.
GRAPHICS CARDS: The limited hardware warranty for Graphics Cards lasts for a time period of one year. If you register the product online at http://www.xfxforce.com/ within 30 days of purchase, your limited warranty will be extended for the duration of your life. Registration within 30 days of the date of purchase is a condition precedent to receiving the lifetime warranty.

The limited hardware warranty on all XFX-branded products begins on the date of the packing slip, invoice, or receipt. The warranty period is not extended if we repair or replace a warranted product or any parts. XFX may change the availability of limited hardware warranties, at its discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive.

May I transfer the limited hardware warranty?

MOTHERBOARDS: The limited hardware warranty for Motherboards may not be transferred.
GRAPHICS CARDS: The limited hardware warranty for Graphics Cards may only be transferred to one owner after the original owner. Limited hardware warranties for Graphics Cards may be transferred if the new owner registers online at http://www.xfxforce.com/ within 90 days of the transfer using the same Registration ID as the original owner. Registration by the new owner at http://www.xfxforce.com/ within 90 days of the date of transfer using the same Registration ID as the original owner is a condition precedent to transferring the limited hardware warranty for Graphics Cards. The duration of the new owner’s limited hardware warranty will be limited to the duration of the original owner’s limited hardware warranty. If the original owner has a warranty for the duration of its life, the new owner’s life shall become the measuring life that determines the duration of the warranty.
What do I do if I need warranty service?

To request a limited hardware warranty repair, go to the support section of our web site (http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/Help/Support.aspx). Your product must be registered to fill out a support ticket.
What will XFX do?

During the duration of the limited hardware warranty, XFX or its authorized representative will repair any XFX-branded hardware products returned to us that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. If XFX or its authorized representative is not able to repair the product, we will replace it with a comparable product that is new or refurbished.
When you contact us via phone or web, we will issue a Return Material Authorization Number for you to include with your return. You must return the products to us in their original or equivalent packaging with all original components, prepay shipping charges, and insure the shipment or accept the risk if the product is lost or damaged in shipment. We will return the repaired or replacement products to you. We will pay to ship the repaired or replaced products to you if you use an address in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. possessions and territories). Otherwise, we will ship the product to you freight collect.
If we determine that the problem is not covered under this warranty, we will notify you and inform you of service alternatives that are available to you on a fee basis. If you want the product returned, you will have to pay the shipping fees.
How will you fix my product?

We use new and refurbished parts made by various manufacturers in performing warranty repairs and in building replacement parts and systems. Refurbished parts and systems are parts or systems that have been returned to XFX, some of which were never used by a customer. All parts and systems are inspected for quality. Replacement parts and systems are covered for the remaining period of the limited hardware warranty for the product you bought. XFX owns all parts removed from repaired products.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: XFX 8800GTS 640 PV-T80G-THD9 Warranty Issue - Lifetime?

Post by dgood »

Fair enough yeah, didn't register it, I'll look for physical damage first and if none, I"ll try the oven. Thanks Apop. Figured it was worth a try. Original receipt should still be on Newegg.
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: XFX 8800GTS 640 PV-T80G-THD9 Warranty Issue - Lifetime?

Post by Darkstar »

They changed the warranty some time back, I dont have the time to register every item i buy, so i dont buy xfx anymore (see pics) lucky you only have one......
XFX_CAPS.jpg
POP_GOES_XFX.jpg
3XFX.jpg
:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's