GTS 450

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
Lenard50
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

GTS 450

Post by Lenard50 »

My computer doesn't seem to recognize My HDTV. I have a SANYO HDTV 120 Hz refresh rate, 1920x1080 resolution (TV Mode). I'm using the Mini HDMI/HDMI adapter to the HDMI on my TV. Would the refresh rate have anything to do with this? My TV is brand new, just bought it 2 weeks ago. Would appreciate some suggestions.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: GTS 450

Post by DragonFury »

Yea it is an issue I experienced on Nvidia hardware as well. You are not getting a post screen or are you not getting a windows screen after it boots? Normally you will get one or the other. My suggestion is do you have a DVI to HDMI adapter? if so use it then let see if it loads into windows on your HDTV.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Lenard50
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Lenard50 »

I don't get a post screen or Windows screen. I don't have a DVI/HDMI adapter, I was hoping to to stay with just HDMI. That's what i bought the card for, besides video games, of course.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

do you have a D-SUB cable and adapter, and does the hdtv have one?
Mini ME
Lenard50
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Lenard50 »

Don't have one of those either. Like I said, I want to stick with the HDMI. Thanks anyway, I'll think of something.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

Ok goto AMD/ATI video card. srry but in reality of things AMD/ATI is the best bet for HTPC's. you will need to find yourself a VGA D-SUB cable and then tell windows to use the HDMI output on the Nvidia card. But you lose seeing the posting screen unless you use the D-SUB cable. It is a nightmare trust me been there tried it several times over the years.
Mini ME