7800GS Confirmed

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

7800GS Confirmed

Post by Kerii »

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2615

Can't wait to see if it'll be unlockable.
It's going to be using the same G70 core as the GT and GTX, so I'm setting my hopes high. :mrgreen:

Now if these are going to be priced at $200 or even $250... :drool:
cre8
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cre8 »

My new card :)
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

hey, what are those little white sleeve things?
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

the thermal pads... just stuck to the memory IC's on a few of them.
EvilCloudStrife
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by EvilCloudStrife »

Apoptosis wrote:the thermal pads... just stuck to the memory IC's on a few of them.
yeah, those things have sucked since the 6800ultra days.. rediculas.. couldnt they have a better heatsink to make contact with the ram?
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

Argh!!!!!

Direct from nVidia's Brian Burke:

I want to clear up a bit of confusion about the GeForce 7800 GS PCI Express articles that have surfaced recently.

Without getting into the nitty gritty details, NVIDIA provides boards to our developers for their in house game development. These boards are meant for the sole purpose of inhouse engineering and QA. In the case of the recent GeForce 7800 GS PCI Express reviews that you may have seen, some of these developer boards were mistakenly given out to end users at an event the developers sponsored. These boards were never meant to ship in the open market.

NVIDIA has NO plans to release a commercially available GeForce 7800 GS PCI Express board. For any end users that many have received this board as a prize, NVIDIA will be happy to swap this out for a GeForce 7800 GT PCI Express board, or a GeForce 6800 GS PCI Express board, as these two boards are commercially available.
-nvnews

For anyone who gets their hands on one, they could become quite the collector's item. :mrgreen:

Well... perhaps this might be hinting at possibly an AGP version? :mrgreen:
EvilCloudStrife
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by EvilCloudStrife »

yeah right.. nice try to bribe people nvidia.. with a statment like that, no one will likly give up that card