NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 PCB Pictures Leaked - Super Small!

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 PCB Pictures Leaked - Super Small!

Post by Apoptosis »

This is crazy looking if that is all the GeForce GTX 670 is!

Talk about a super small card
2155528kz9hfykxtwkhjw4pu19.jpg
2155528kz9hfykxtwkhjw4pu19.jpg (63.45 KiB) Viewed 7610 times
215552ywkay5i5zmwkiwqm.jpg
215552ywkay5i5zmwkiwqm.jpg (38.5 KiB) Viewed 7609 times
215552kh0labbltbvba7l9.jpg
215552kh0labbltbvba7l9.jpg (37.46 KiB) Viewed 7609 times
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 PCB Pictures Leaked - Super Small

Post by kenc51 »

Perfect for an ITX setup :mrgreen:
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I'm not buying it. That thing is the size of a midrange card. If this is indeed and actual GTX 670 are they trying to save on cost by reducing the length of the PCB?
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Major_A wrote:I'm not buying it. That thing is the size of a midrange card. If this is indeed and actual GTX 670 are they trying to save on cost by reducing the length of the PCB?
As long as it works within specs, I don't mind. I'm going to be building a new rig soon, something along the lines of Nate's build
I won't be water cooling this time and making do with one of the 45W Quad Ivy Bridge cpu's, when they launch.

Lots of GFX card makers use custom PCB's and in fact in many cases they improve on the Nvidia design.
Both AMD & Nvidia tend to make longer cards, my guess it's just to save on time designing a PCB and ensuring they get something to market on time.
After launch and the other card makers get their EE guys to improve on the reference design, to either reduce costs or make something stand out in the market.
We've all seen Gainward, XFX, Asus etc releasing super overclocked versions on custom PCB's, more power phases etc. This is just the same thing, just in the other direction.
In fact a shorter PCB, if done right could make things more stable for overclocking and improve stability. Having shorter "traces" on the board makes for a cleaner signal as less capacitance. The opposite can happen as well, as you've less space for all those traces and you might then need to add an extra couple of layers to the PCB.

I'm keeping my eye on this card
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I'm all for shorter video cards. But given the recent track record of both companies I have my doubts.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

I think this is bull.

The GTX670 is supposed to be the second in line and this "thing" doesn't look like anything serious. I mean:
1. Did you noticed it misses half of the RAM? That would make it only half the RAM of the GTX680 - and less than the previous generations (GTX570 or even GTX470) that's a nonsense.
2. The size is about the size of a low-range card not even mid range and there is a limit of what can be fitted on such a small space - nothing serious.
3. If the GTX680 is $500-$550, than logically and comparing to the previous generations, the GTX670 would be about $350-$400 tops - but who would pay that much for a card, that has less RAM than the previous gen. ? Also I don't suppose the GTX670 would have a wider bus than the GTX680 (256bit), so we would end up with a card that has lesser amount of memory with a lower bus then previous gen. cards and that would be also a nonsense.

This looks like a bad joke done with a photoshop.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

Ok guys it seems I was right. Here is a comprehensive REVIEW of the GTX670: REMOVED
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

sbohdan wrote:Ok guys it seems I was right. Here is a comprehensive REVIEW of the GTX670: REMOVED
Don't get me wrong, you could be right; but why don't they show the card?
It can't be due to NDA as Tweaktown don't have an NDA with Nvidia.
They like to bitch and moan because Nvidia won't give them new cards to review, either because they won't sign (& honour) an NDA or Nvidia just doesn't like how they do business.

Their answer to posting reviews on cards before launch is "Well we are not under NDA"
TT you have to play ball before you're given a chance.

There's more details on the short PCB 670 here
http://www.techpowerup.com/165336/Color ... tured.html

The RAM is on both sides of the board.
The rest of your points either relate to the expected cost/size and memory bus width.
Memory bus can still be 256bit and have enough bandwidth as you have 8x 256bit GDDR5 chips on the board.
It's cost/size are not related. As long as it performes like a GTX670 then then they can charge <$300+ for it.
While with some things bigger is better, in IT it can be the opposite......

We'll have to wait and see if it's fake or not.

Ken
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

For all we know TT underclocked a GTX 680 to GTX 670 speeds and called it a GTX 670?
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Major_A wrote:For all we know TT underclocked a GTX 680 to GTX 670 speeds and called it a GTX 670?
Are there not shader blocks (or whatever they're called now) disabled as well as lower clock speeds on a 670?
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

kenc51 wrote:
sbohdan wrote:Ok guys it seems I was right. Here is a comprehensive REVIEW of the GTX670: REMOVED

Ken
If you read the review they have an explanation: because they won't give out the Nvidia board partner, who have sent them the card and IS bound by NDA. Anyway, their review wouldn't make much sense 5 days before anouncing the GTX670. Why would they work on a fake review, just to make a joke of themselves? That short PCB couldn't hold something that is traditionally not much slower (being second in line) from the top single GPU card. Will see on the 10th...
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Tweaktown is making a power play... They refuse to play by the rules and don't want to sign an NDA with the companies.

Whatever gets the traffic, but they won't be getting back links here for what they are doing. It's wrong and is harmful to sites like LR that abide by NDA's and plays by the rules.

If they want to play that way I will no longer link to them on anything.

Tweaktown is basically our size of a site too... Not sure what they are doing here.

legitreviews.com - Alexa Traffic Rank: 20,755
tweaktown.com -Alexa Traffic Rank: 18,740
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Rollo
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Rollo »

sbohdan wrote:
kenc51 wrote:

Ken
If you read the review they have an explanation: because they won't give out the Nvidia board partner, who have sent them the card and IS bound by NDA. Anyway, their review wouldn't make much sense 5 days before anouncing the GTX670. Why would they work on a fake review, just to make a joke of themselves? That short PCB couldn't hold something that is traditionally not much slower (being second in line) from the top single GPU card. Will see on the 10th...
Personally I think the 670 would make a nice upgrade for you from the 470. Around double the performance, cooler, quieter less power, has all the new features. I have an EVGA 670SC in my secondary rig, with a 25X16 monitor. it does VERY well. (short PCB or no)
NVIDIA Focus Group Member
NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.