8800 driver suck and ati good?

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
Merid
Legit User
Legit User

8800 driver suck and ati good?

Post by Merid »

why do the new 8800 drivers suck in windows? how can ati get their drivers to work and nvidia cant?
Schwarz
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Schwarz »

Well its the world upside down.
Remember when Catalyst did not exist.
ATI's drivers sucked.
To tell you the truth we don't know if the new R600's Drivers will have problems or not.
Give a little bit of time to Nvidia to get it fixed its new technology right.
Merid
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Merid »

thats a good point. it is brand new tech. I would like to see ATI pull something amazing off. I really love AMD but i also really love Nvida...well i've never owned one of their cards but it would be nice to...sigh... :cry:
Schwarz
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Schwarz »

Though I do understand your concern.
I mean even though its new tech it sucks when you shell out the big money for it and it is buggy.
But this is not only from Nvidia i mean any new technology has its little bugs.
amdathlonfx
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by amdathlonfx »

Just wait n watch.I'm sure when ATI will release their DX 10 cards,they will also have some driver problems.But this should not be an excuse to people who is buying those cards by paying a hefty premium.They should get the utmost support from the company they are paying to.
super_cool
Legit User
Legit User

Post by super_cool »

If ATI wanna give Nvidia a stiff competition, then they will have to price their cards lower than the G80s but I don't think that will happen & when the R600s will be launched ,they will cost a bomb.In the meantime, Nvidia will release their $100 Dx10 cards.But the N guys have to remove the bugs from their drivers b4 AMD launches the R600.
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

ATi/AMD will price the R6xx cards according to the price of nVidia's cards; it would make more sense following this path to be more competitive.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.