Microsoft Windows 8 Pro + $30 Amazon Card For $69.99 Shipped

Know of a great deal on the web or at a local retailer? Let your fellow members in on the secret!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Microsoft Windows 8 Pro + $30 Amazon Card For $69.99 Shipped

Post by Apoptosis »

Amazon has Microsoft Windows 8 Pro or Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Pack + $30 Amazon Promotional Credit for $69.99 with free shipping. To be released 10/26/12.

Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro + $30 Amazon For $69.99 Shipped

Post by KnightRid »

Wow, this is a heck of a deal!

Too bad it is 1 per customer.

Seems goofy to have 2 separate versions and allow the one to upgrade everything and the other to ONLY upgrade windows 8 - really seems goofy.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah, it isn't a bad deal...

Just with they were full copies and not upgrades from a previous OS. I've never done anything but clean installs even going back to the Windows 3.1 days if I remember correctly.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro + $30 Amazon Card For $69.99 Shi

Post by Kaos Kid »

Just a heads up, OfficeMax has the same deal (They have free shipping over $50) only difference is you get their $30 "MaxPerks Bonus Rewards" card with it (have to join, but no big deal). Not as good as Amazon, but...

Microsoft Windows 8 Pro

Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Pack
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:Just with they were full copies and not upgrades from a previous OS. I've never done anything but clean installs even going back to the Windows 3.1 days if I remember correctly.
From what I read on windows 8 you will have to have an older OS on the hard drive but during the upgrade you can select an option to format the hard drive and keep nothing which amounts to a clean install. I am not 100% certain on this as I do not have Windows 8 in hand but that is what I have read.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

KnightRid wrote:
Apoptosis wrote:Just with they were full copies and not upgrades from a previous OS. I've never done anything but clean installs even going back to the Windows 3.1 days if I remember correctly.
From what I read on windows 8 you will have to have an older OS on the hard drive but during the upgrade you can select an option to format the hard drive and keep nothing which amounts to a clean install. I am not 100% certain on this as I do not have Windows 8 in hand but that is what I have read.
If that is true you have to decide whether it is worth taking an extra 30-45 minutes to install the old one on the drive first to save a few bucks. Then I wonder if it has to be an activated copy, WinXP/Vista/Win7 install disks of all flavors are easy to find (and only depend on your original COA.)
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I think it will be awhile before I move to Win 8.
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

after using it for 4 days straight... It's actually not bad... Just has a learning curve no matter how familiar you are with previous versions.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:
I heard that too, but I did a clean install on my SSD after a secure erase with Windows 8 Enterprise. So, it is possible to do a clean install (at least with enterprise).
Follow Me on Twitter!