Free GPS Tracker for Android Phone

A place to talk about all things mobile
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Free GPS Tracker for Android Phone

Post by Kaos Kid » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:49 am

Hey folks, I'm wanting to install a free app on my Sammy, does anyone have firsthand ie: hands on knowledge of a free tracker app for the phone, so I can access from anywhere (home PC, another phone, etc.) to locate the phone? Of course when I google it I see various free apps being touted, but I'd like to shortcut to the best one for me so I don't have to waste a bunch of time trying one after another and having to learn each one's idiosyncrasies only to find that it isn't quite what is touted on the "lists".

It is for a pay-as-you-go tracfone, so I would like something that will work off of wifi, or at least using as little data as possible. Thanks for any knowledgeable information that you can provide.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:

camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Free GPS Tracker for Android Phone

Post by camaroguy1998 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:04 am

Sorry, I got nothing for ya!
I will ask around!
ASUS Crosshair V- Formula Z - AMD 9590H2O
16G GSkill RipJaw - CoolerMaster Seidon cooler
Corsair RM750X - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD
ASUS BW-12B1ST BD Burners(X2)
EVGA 560ti SC
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor
Corsair 600T case

Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:21 pm

Whatever happened to those? I can remember years back there was a commercial with people saying "where you at?" then they'd look on their phone and see a map with the person/phone they want to locate and a placemarker. they don't do those anymore?
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:

KnightRid

Post by KnightRid » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:14 am

ATT has the Secure Family thing. I imagine most of the others have similar availability because it is something they can charge you for. Most apps I believe are pay to use also. As for the tracfone stuff, I have no clue as I have never used one of those pay-as-you-need ones.
Cigar Blog I review for - http://www.stogiereview.com

Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:

ricky miller
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ricky miller » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:03 am

You can use the in-built google's Find my device feature. Just turn it on from your phone's setting. It is quite accurate. But if you want to use an app then Famisafe is an app I heard quite a lot about. You can try it if you want.