Official 1558j winning thread

A place to talk about all things mobile
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

hey dragoncooler, if you want windows to boot and shut down faster just kill all the apps running in the background (those you don't need). just saw lots of stuff running in the system tray on the last pick.
goto--start--run: type msconfig--enter--click automatic startup tab and take out all the unnecessary checkmarks--reboot
you could also disable unnecessary services from running all the time :P
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

hmm, not so far...

I'm only 22, and look 30+ with my stache and ghoti, lol

I've been using PC's ever since 2nd grade, and also the old Mac's with the monochrome green and black monitors, 5.25" floppy diskette drives (which took floppies of the same size and were the size of a CD, if square, lol), and the crazy command line stuff (stop 20, lol, stuff like that), lol.....so that makes.....hmm......15 years I've been using them, lol

I've been repairing them for around 5 years now, and 3 in building them......however, I'm on key with the older stuff, so the newer stuff is still a little foreign to me (OCing video cards, flashing video card BIOS's, modding cases, etc, etc, lol)

you already know I'm finishing my A.S. in Computer Tech, and plan on getting my CCNA (hopefully by way of a miracle, lol)......and I like breaking s**t, and metal, and am an auto enthusiast too, rofl

now, do you have any questions, lol :rolleyes:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

killswitch83 wrote:now, do you have any questions, lol :rolleyes:
Nahh..not right now...

BTW....I lied...I learned to use a computer earlier.....programming in BASIC on a c64 in primary school (junior high)... Image
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

sbohdan wrote:hey dragoncooler, if you want windows to boot and shut down faster just kill all the apps running in the background (those you don't need). just saw lots of stuff running in the system tray on the last pick.
goto--start--run: type msconfig--enter--click automatic startup tab and take out all the unnecessary checkmarks--reboot
you could also disable unnecessary services from running all the time :P
lol yeah that was a fresh intstall, i have gone through and done that when i got everything all installed. it boots pretty darn quick. My main machine boots in about 30sec so with this booting at most in 30sec i am not complaining.

Thanks everyone!!!

I guess no one caught the quick blurb i had in there refering to the apple switch video. LOL I was hoping someone would have caught that. I dont know why but i had to put it in there. LOL
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

i really dont feel like taking my new lappy for a stress test but, how rough is too rough? what i mean by that is what is too much vibration for the hard drive, how far can it fall without damaging the hard drive??? Can i toss it a short distance onto my bed or couch while it is running. I know none of these things are planned but i would just like to know what to think in that split second when i see my laptop fall. LOL plus i will be carrying it around in a backpack for school. They give the shock tests in number and in Gs but what does it translate to lamense terms?!?!

Also does anyone know where i can get extra batteries for this guy???