dell battery

A place to talk about all things mobile
Post Reply
User avatar
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 888
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 4:03 pm
Location: Dallas Texas

dell battery

Post by Merlin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Anyone know a place to buy a Dell compatible laptop battery? Dell wants $150 for the dang thing.
Merlin
ASUS Z97-A LGA1150|i7 4790K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR3 2400| EVGA GTX660 | Corsair HX520W PSU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO 1151|i7 8700K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666| EVGA GTX1080 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Corsair AX760 PSU

User avatar
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 33922
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Contact:

Re: dell battery

Post by Apoptosis » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:39 am

model number of your laptop and battery?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!

User avatar
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1910
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: dell battery

Post by Darkstar » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:07 am

Apoptosis wrote:model number of your laptop and battery?
I was going to ask the same, might want to see if anyone on the Forum has one, else there are quite a few sites out there.

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's

User avatar
skier
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4450
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:29 pm
Location: Maine
Contact:

Re: dell battery

Post by skier » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 pm

since the subject got brought up, i have a Dell Latitude D620 14.1" that needs one(it lasts a solid....4 minutes from full charge to dead, jeesh my sister is hard on batteries :lol: )

-also doesnt want to pay for one through dell
-Austin
Image
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups

User avatar
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 888
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 4:03 pm
Location: Dallas Texas

Re: dell battery

Post by Merlin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 pm

its an Inspiron 1525 battery is a type RN873. Its my wife's and its gettin the infamous " battery plugged in but not charging" thing. I have updated the BIOS and checked the drivers for the battery management system as described in other places to fix this problem. Settled on thinking its the battery.
Merlin
ASUS Z97-A LGA1150|i7 4790K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR3 2400| EVGA GTX660 | Corsair HX520W PSU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO 1151|i7 8700K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666| EVGA GTX1080 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Corsair AX760 PSU

User avatar
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1910
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: dell battery

Post by Darkstar » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 am

Merlin wrote:its an Inspiron 1525 battery is a type RN873. Its my wife's and its gettin the infamous " battery plugged in but not charging" thing. I have updated the BIOS and checked the drivers for the battery management system as described in other places to fix this problem. Settled on thinking its the battery.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?s ... d=36760760

http://www.amazon.com/AGPtek-Inspiron-N ... B002U09ZSG

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's

User avatar
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1910
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: dell battery

Post by Darkstar » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:11 am

skier wrote:since the subject got brought up, i have a Dell Latitude D620 14.1" that needs one(it lasts a solid....4 minutes from full charge to dead, jeesh my sister is hard on batteries :lol: )

-also doesnt want to pay for one through dell
http://www.amazon.com/7200mAh-battery-L ... B001RNACES

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's

User avatar
skier
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4450
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:29 pm
Location: Maine
Contact:

Re: dell battery

Post by skier » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:29 am

Darkstar wrote:
skier wrote:since the subject got brought up, i have a Dell Latitude D620 14.1" that needs one(it lasts a solid....4 minutes from full charge to dead, jeesh my sister is hard on batteries :lol: )

-also doesnt want to pay for one through dell
http://www.amazon.com/7200mAh-battery-L ... B001RNACES

:drinkers:
thanks darkstar! never woulda thought you could get a 9cell for that little
-Austin
Image
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups

Post Reply