Streaming Netflix onto your iPad

A place to talk about all things mobile
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Streaming Netflix onto your iPad

Post by XstollieX »

The release of Apple's iPad is on the horizon. With it, the iPad will mark the release of quite a few new apps. One of which is a free app from Netflix which will allow you to stream video's directly to your shiny new iPad!
netflix-pa.jpg
netflix-pa.jpg (12.36 KiB) Viewed 4188 times
A new Netflix app for Apple’s iPad will allow you to stream movies direct to the Wonder Tablet. The application first showed up on a couple of iPhone app listing sites, but the actual screenshots seen here were grabbed directly from Apple’s own servers.

The app is for people with an Unlimited Netflix membership (and an iPad, of course) and will be a free download. Not only can you stream to the iPad, you can pick up from where you left off if you start watching on a regular computer (or TV set-top-box). The app will also let you manage your Netflix queue from the iPad.

What we don’t yet know is whether this will be WiFi-only or will also work over 3G. The iPad isn’t locked to AT&T like the iPhone, and will work with any GSM-based provider, so it seems more likely that the only thing prospective movie-watchers need to worry about is running up against monthly bandwidth limits
source
JMMD
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Streaming Netflix onto your iPad

Post by JMMD »

I imagine that's going to use a lot of data minutes and drain the battery very quickly. I'll keep using my PC or XBOX.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

JMMD wrote:I imagine that's going to use a lot of data minutes and drain the battery very quickly.
Sweet...stream it over WiFi!
Joe
bigox6942
Legit User
Legit User

Post by bigox6942 »

JMMD wrote:I imagine that's going to use a lot of data minutes and drain the battery very quickly. I'll keep using my PC or XBOX.
Agreed. Watching Netflix on iPad would be cool, but battery would not last long imo. Xbox all the way! :)
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

I was close to 6 hours with my iPad when watching netflix, which is fine for me, I wouldn't expect to use it more than to watch a movie anyway