P4M-1.6 OC

A place to talk about all things mobile
allenpan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

P4M-1.6 OC

Post by allenpan »

i have a p4M 1.G and if i put on desktop i can easy overclock to 3.0G+, however i decide to leave it my laptop, my laptop does not have oc funtion, i wanna to know is how i pin mod the chip so default FSB = 133 and with extra voltage?, the notebook chipset is i845 support 533FSB and 333DDR. thx
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

the P4-M is not quite like the P-M they are based on different archetectures while your P4 might clock well when overclocked i dont have any reference for how well it will do.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
allenpan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by allenpan »

is p4m 1.6G

i am able to put on my desktop and clock @ 3.0+ i wanna some help with pin mod only from 400fsb to 533fsb and extra voltage thx
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

so you ARE able to put it into your desktop or are you ASKING if you can?
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

If you CAN put it in you pc... then it's a pentium 4M which is basically a desktop replacement chip, and not a mobile one!

If you want to know if it can go into you mobo.... the it needs to be a p4m chip...

The pin mod is for mobile cpu's => they are different chips which will NOT fit your mobo (without an adaptor)...

The mobile chips can take a pin mod -> the others can't!

I suspect you have a pentium 4 (DTR) not a mobile chip

Run CPUZ -> what does it say?
allenpan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by allenpan »

am i talking to idiots? p4M is pin to pin compatible with P4 desktop both S478, only difference is not HSF and unlock multipler downward

i wanna pin mod it to put bakc on laptop, but this time i wanna it to dected as 2.13G instead of 1.6G

geees, please do ur own freak research b4 replying...sigh
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

you needed to be clearer --> your talking about changing the fsb from 400 to 533? Isn't that pin mod for for the pentium M chips not p4m type chips?
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

DO NOT TALK TO US THAT WAY!!! By the way this is OFFICIAL WARRNING 1 from me, you do it again and you can say good by to LR.

your posts have not been clear or i would not have been asking questions. You seem to have some difficulty with english and that makes it very hard for us to understand your meaning.

and simply
there you go, do your research rather than getting pissed at us for trying to figure out what your trying to say. So rather than getting pissed at us, and calling us idiots you might want to clean up your english and go download the pin diagram from intel that lists which pins control the front side buss speed.

http://www.intel.com
allenpan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by allenpan »

alot of u guys does nto read, just b/c the differ way we use the language that does not mean a person has problem with the language. moreover, on the title it states clearly that is pentium 4 "M" nor pentium M, and finally, i did do my search, i wanan see if any of u guys can help or has experiance with it with me go into gread depth!

as a Moderator, i can't belive the lack of proper reading and taking insult perosonly like that. a Moderator has greater reponsiblity and should be more causious on reading, not randomly fire thoughts. not i am here to insult you or anything, u should take this as an advice to be a greater Moderator than kick a member off forum.

is not my fault someone can't read properly, this is a basic example of cause and effect.
allenpan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by allenpan »

infinitevalence wrote:you might want to clean up your english and go download the pin diagram from intel that lists which pins control the front side buss speed.

http://www.intel.com
in simple words is i don't know, i been wasting time guessing and looks like my guesses hit the wall
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

no probs here mate (never was)

I still don't think the p4 can take a pin mod!
I always thought that was for the pentium M cpu..?
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

I have very little time to read posts so its very very hard for me to spend lots of time trying to understand what your trying to say, rather than getting pissed at me for asking for clarification if you would simply spend just a bit more time makeing your post then i could spend more time trying to help you rather than attempting to decipher your meaning. You did clearly state P4M but because of the wording i was not confident that you indeed ment P4M as i know lots of people are confused as to the difference between the P4M and the PM.

Now to attempt a response as far as i can tell from my research it can be done but it involves removing a pin and then using a wire mod to hard wire it to 200 fsb or in your case i think 133fsb.

i did find this and i hope it helps

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p= ... ostcount=7
allenpan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by allenpan »

thank you,that is the spirit
copperpony_48
Legit User
Legit User

Post by copperpony_48 »

If is is a celeron then remove bsel0 pin if it is a p4 then remove the bsel1 pin to achieve unlock frequency or default to the motherboard or laptops frequency in your case 533, if this does not work and there is nothing that can be done from post in the bios then you will have to use 3rd party software via windows.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

allenpan wrote:am i talking to idiots? p4M is pin to pin compatible with P4 desktop both S478, only difference is not HSF and unlock multipler downward

i wanna pin mod it to put bakc on laptop, but this time i wanna it to dected as 2.13G instead of 1.6G

woah. calm down.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

audiophile wrote:
allenpan wrote:am i talking to idiots? p4M is pin to pin compatible with P4 desktop both S478, only difference is not HSF and unlock multipler downward

woah. calm down.
he probably did by now (this post was made in september :lol: )
I also hope that he did some extensive study of english, because there is no such a thing like using a language in a different way LOL. (allenpan: didn't you hear that every language has a strict set of rules called grammar? )
having a poor knowledge of english is OK, but writing nonsense with awfull spelling mistakes and calling anyone an idiot for not understanding is outright primitive and arrogant and just proves his mental disability.
alot of u guys does nto read, just b/c the differ way we use the language that does not mean a person has problem with the language. moreover, on the title it states clearly that is pentium 4 "M" nor pentium M, and finally, i did do my search, i wanan see if any of u guys can help or has experiance with it with me go into gread depth!

as a Moderator, i can't belive the lack of proper reading and taking insult perosonly like that. a Moderator has greater reponsiblity and should be more causious on reading, not randomly fire thoughts. not i am here to insult you or anything, u should take this as an advice to be a greater Moderator than kick a member off forum.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
allenpan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by allenpan »

is more of grammer, way of using phrase, way of using vocabulary, yes yes i cna't spell jack, just remeber US, CANADA, UK use differently, same as polish people use english differently too

i figure it out, wiremod but the bios need support 533 first blah bla blah

next time for those who can't read, i will BOLD TEXT the info...
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

in my opinion no1 should be this disrespectful to LR, i wont mind if hes banned. but then again i only want to move up on the member's chart that sorts members by number of posts.. u kno tryin to get rid of competition 8)
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

leave it alone........ :x
:beatdeadhorse:

As long as everyone reads the Rules and treat other members with respect......then all is good....
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

i was just kidding bout that btw, id prefer a larger community with more members simply cause if i need help more ppl would answer and vice versa. i couldnt resist but poke fun at that :snakeman: