Anyone Interested In Building a Notebook?

A place to talk about all things mobile
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

It's damn hot in either color....That chassis would be bad if it had some blue LED backlighting for the on/off button section. The only thing is would be that I've had a bad experience with MSI in the past, due to the fact a customer wanted a cheap MSI system, so I went with the KT6V-LSR desktop mobo, only to realize it was crap and should have never gotten it for the customer. Perhaps their upper models are fine? I've become rather fond of DFI, and would sure as hell want to see a DFI barebone notebook kit come out, cuz I surely would grab that one up in a heartbeat! Still, that MSI chassis is hot...
OgreMustCrush
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by OgreMustCrush »

The similar looking AMD version does have the blue LED backlighting. http://www.msicomputer.com/NB/product_s ... el=MS-1013 I'd rather go with a Pentium-M though.
meh
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

:drool: there we go, n'ahhhhhhhhh, lol. now THAT is what I'm talkin about!! It's a sexy biznach, lol.
twister2kf4
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by twister2kf4 »

Is this offer open now? I hope I could be in.
Is there any requirement about the notebook chassis?
I will build a notebook for my wife in the couple of weeks, but could not decide on which chassis will be used such as Z70VA and MSI-1032.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Thanks for all the info. After some thought we picked out a forum member and have contacted him with the specifics.

Thanks for all those who showed interest.
slimnutty
Legit User
Legit User

Post by slimnutty »

ABSPC.com people. I dont know if you've seen any of my other comments on other topics, but ABS realy has a good selection of barebone notebooks. Have you heard of coboc.com? They HAD the biggest selection before, but now they've merged with ABS so you might find what you need there.
http://www.abspc.com/diy/notebookdiy.asp