Rockdirect Xtreme CT notebook w/ ATI Mobility X800XT GPU

A place to talk about all things mobile
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rockdirect Xtreme CT notebook w/ ATI Mobility X800XT GPU

Post by Apoptosis »

Here is a very interesting notebook that comes with ATI Mobility X800XT Platinum Edition graphics and uses a Pentium M mobile processor to boot. The 17” WSXGA+ X-Glass TFT Screen supports up to 1680 x 1050 resolutions.

http://www.rockdirect.com/notebooks/xtremect_cons.htm

Ultimate Gaming Performance in a notebook you can carry on the move? That’ll be the Xtreme CT. This revolutionary thin notebook offers all the power of the ATI Mobility Radeon X800XT Platinum Edition graphics card at a thickness of only 4.5cm. It’s simply the best performing notebook for gamers, graphical designers and anyone who needs power without being tied to their desk.

Powered by Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology, this is a notebook where battery life won’t leave you wanting and wireless networking comes as standard. Select the Intel Pentium M 780 2.26GHz processor for the ultimate in mobile performance.
The Xtreme CT will be available from mid October 2005, with a three year parts and labor warranty, with prices starting from GBP1,199 plus VAT for the XCT 2.0 Intel Pentium M 760 2.0GHz with 60GB 7200rpm HDD.

The XCT 2.13 Intel Pentium M 770 2.13GHz with 60GB 7200rpm HDD will be available from GBP1,299 plus VAT and the XCT 2.26 Intel Pentium M 780 2.23GHz with 100GB 7200rpm HDD starts from GBP1,499 plus VAT.

For those of us in North America we are out of luck on this one...
OgreMustCrush
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by OgreMustCrush »

Almost seems paradoxal having a nice power sipping Pentium-M together with a big power eating graphics chip like that. I haven't even seen X800XTPE chips in those big monsterous P4 laptops. Speaking of which, whats the battery life on this thing. I don't see it on their website.
meh
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

lol that was probable a marketing decision. I have been working on a first gen XPS system all weekend trying to clean out all the spyware and viri, even doing simple searches and scans causes that thing to heat up. when the fans start spinning you know, and its as heavy as a freeking brick. to my mind laptops are supposed to be portable.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
OgreMustCrush
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by OgreMustCrush »

All I know is that I don't want a repeat of my current laptop. Its an old p2 that I rebuilt over the summer being short on cash. It has crappy battery life, weighs a ton, and isn't even fast. Carrying this thing around has made me appriciate wanting to have something lighter that lasts for a while. Fortunatly, at least it doesn't get hot. The fan on this thing never has to run at full speed.
meh