Upgrading a dell 9300

A place to talk about all things mobile
blue
Legit User
Legit User

Post by blue »

NAiLs wrote:
blue wrote:Ok that sounds great. Right now I am waiting on Dell Customer Support to get back to me, but if they won't replace the bad screen with the wuxga (even at my expense) then I'd be interested in getting one from you, if the price is right. Also, later on I will be upgrading my video card to the 6800 Go, so I'll check with you about that too. Thanks again for the info.
Good luck getting a screen replaced on a laptop. They rip you a new one on purpose so you go and buy a new system. My friend who works at Dell quoted me a $400+ for a Inspiron 8000... which is an extremely old system. If I wanted to replace the 15.4 on my 9100, it would cost me somewhere around $600.
Well, I'm within the 21 day return policy so if it would cost $400-600 I'll just get a refund.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Oh your screen broke within 21 days of buying the laptop? Wow... Then they better replace it at no charge, because I agree, return the sucker otherwise and buy a new one.
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

ouch that is not right.... lets hope it gets replaced.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
blue
Legit User
Legit User

Post by blue »

Ugh, their first response was 'return and re-order'. I have responded asking if there is anything they can do as I like the laptop, it is just the screen which is unbearable. This means a week or two of waiting for the credit and then another week to get the re-order. :cry:

Oh well, I'll probably get screwed on the price now, but what can I do?
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

I would exclaim the fact that you have used the laptop and would rather not return it because it has your data on it and whatnot.
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
blue
Legit User
Legit User

Post by blue »

Grrr, They offered me $100 to not return the laptop. I don't think they understand. I can't work on that crappy screen all day. :shock:

It's all boxed up and ready to go. :(
Kill_A._Byte
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Kill_A._Byte »

How's this going? You get a new lappy? Or just a refund?
Guzmansoldier
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Upgrading my Inspiron 9300 video card

Post by Guzmansoldier »

Where can I get the 256M card, and do I need to flash my bios to get it to work? I have read some other articles stating that if you purchased a 9300 with the ATI x300 that you can not upgrade to the NVidia card, due to motherboard and power limitations? Is this true? Any help would be great. You can email me at [email protected].

Thanks Again.
insane.kane
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by insane.kane »

I have an Intel Pentium M Dothan 760 2.0Ghz processor with an FSB of 133.0 and a Bus Speed of 533. I'm contemplating upgrading my Dell Inspiron 9300 from the crappy ATI Radeon Mobility x300 that they supply to a Geforce Go 7800GTX.

From all the reviews and guides I've read about this procedure, I understand that pinmodding a 2.0Ghz Pentium M up to 2.66Ghz is very risky, however, I also understand that the pinmod is a very important part of the upgrade.

I am then left with the option of buying and installing a 1.7Ghz Pentium M and pinmodding it safely to 2.26Ghz, or keeping the current one (which I'd prefer to do, for the simple sake of convenience). If I keep my current processor and not upgrade it, will it have a significant detrimental impact on the new GPU? Is pinmodding the only way to elevate the 7800GTX's power or is any form of overclocking fine?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
i4edge
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Dell 9300 CPU upgrade to duo core?

Post by i4edge »

I wanted to see about upgrading my dell 9300. Can it be upgraded to a duo core. SIW says it has a 479 socket. Also where is the best place to get a 7800gtx, 4 gb of mem, larger hd, cpu. I got the laptop stripped with the idea of upgrading and selling the old parts on e-bay. I have 2-3 laptops like htis I would like to upgrade.
GenoBob
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by GenoBob »

I want to upgrade from the ATI Radeon X300 to the GEforce Go 6800. I am curious about cooling. if I do this upgrade, will I need any extra cooling, or will I have any cooling problems? Well, lemme know what you know please :)