725 Dothan and Sonoma chipset

A place to talk about all things mobile
Bun-Bun
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

725 Dothan and Sonoma chipset

Post by Bun-Bun »

Hello,
I just upgraded to ao Z7100v Asus chassis and put my 725 Dothan chip in it. Once I reinstalled windows I found that it was being clocked at 2.14 ghz. Now I normally wouldnt be concerned because I know they can handle it but my computer started running really slowly. After reading some reviews on here about the chassis I decided to apply artic silver to the chipset, gpu and cpu. I took it all off and found a peice of paper stuck between the CPU and heatsink... guess that explains my 93 degree celsis temps lol. Anyway im about to boot it up and try it out make sure its still all ok.

all right heres some questions.

Is there any problem with me running my 725 dothan at 133 fsb?
Is there a way to change it?
Is it worth upgrading to a new proc and what would you guys recommend? Thanks
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

To change it all you have to do is flip the little dip switches on the mother board. There is nothing to worry about i run my 735 at 2.26 on my ASUS Z63A

I think this is right the switches could be the other direction though.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Bun-Bun
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Bun-Bun »

cool thanks. I got it all up and running and it seems to be fine so im gonna leave it for now. Why doesnt the Chassis come with better documentation that shows this kind of stuff?

Also I tried to put artic silver on the chipset and GPU but the chips didn't touch the heatsink so I was forced to put the stock thermal pads back on. Is there an alternative to this?