looking for barebone 12.1inch chassis

A place to talk about all things mobile
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

looking for barebone 12.1inch chassis

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Hey all this is Kristins not so better half. LOL

I am looking for a very small and lightweight barebone system like that of a dell inspiron 700m. I am wanting to build a SMALL laptop, or at least see what i would be getting into and how deep of a pocket i must have. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
I lost that paper from quakecon showing us all that stuff and now "i am a lost soul, like that of a butterless roll." lol (Mr. Deeds)

Thanks Again!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Welcome to the forums and great quote ;)

Are you wanting an Intel or AMD based notebook?
slimnutty
Legit User
Legit User

Post by slimnutty »

You can probably find the biggest selection over at ABS' website DIY section.
http://www.abspc.com/diy/notebookdiy.asp
I havent seen any other selection that big since coboc.com, but i think they merged with ABS so thats why. :lol:
I got a better quote: "Have you found Jesus? -- I didn't know i was supposed to be looking for him" -Forest Gump :mrgreen:
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Apoptosis wrote:Welcome to the forums and great quote ;)

Are you wanting an Intel or AMD based notebook?
LOL thanks! well i prefer AMD, for I am one with AMD. But as far as laptops go which ever gives me the smallest chassis and most lightweight will work, whether it be Intel or AMD. I was unaware that AMD had a barebone for such a small laptop, if they do.
I got a better quote: "Have you found Jesus? -- I didn't know i was supposed to be looking for him" -Forest Gump
that is good, sounds like me! LOL
slimnutty
Legit User
Legit User

Post by slimnutty »

From what i've heard (techy guys) all claim that AMD is THE processor for gaming Desktops and such, but for notebooks, they still say Intel is the one to go with. I seem to like the Turion 64 CPUs for notebooks, not sure if ABS has any barebones with that. But their Mayhem F15 sure looks nice, and a good price.
slimnutty
Legit User
Legit User

Post by slimnutty »

After looking at the site, i think the ECS might be your best bet. Small, 4 lbs, cool looking. They even have a bundle for it.
http://www.abspc.com/diy/Config.asp?Sec ... &layout=CB
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

slimnutty wrote:You can probably find the biggest selection over at ABS' website DIY section.
http://www.abspc.com/diy/notebookdiy.asp
I havent seen any other selection that big since coboc.com, but i think they merged with ABS so thats why. :lol:
I got a better quote: "Have you found Jesus? -- I didn't know i was supposed to be looking for him" -Forest Gump :mrgreen:
dude, you just totally hooked me up... that link is EXACTLY what i needed for my brother's laptop build.

sweetest chassis = uniwill 259ii
Last edited by -mogwai on Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slimnutty
Legit User
Legit User

Post by slimnutty »

Glad i could help. :mrgreen:
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Yeah that will work, im not looking for a gaming laptop, thats what my tower is for. Just need something for college and all around carry around. Thanks again. Let me know if you find anything else just like it, or even let me know what to to look for. I dont even know where to begain to look but here.

Thanks again!