Intel Yonah Dual Core Processor at 2.16GHz: Intel T1600

A place to talk about all things mobile
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

kenc51 wrote:
killswitch83 wrote:Jack for breakfast? Damn man, now you're beginning to sound like me, rofl. Hell, I got bent on my 22nd a few months ago, so I can't say anything, lol :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:
Don't worry I' have some beer too...no work till Wed.:drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:
I've had the worst week of my life (not going to elaborate!)...I need to forget it!
I have EVERY episode of married with children here....all 11 series... I should be good for a while..LOL
I feel you on that one! We've all been there at one point or another. Hell, throw some Beavis and Butthead or South Park in there for a damn good laugh (if you like idiotic or crazy humor, lol). Hell, try to enjoy the long weekend at any rate :drinkers:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Will do :)

South Park?.....NO NO NO... that's just wrong....lol
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Latency is the key...DDR2 has bad latency...so it will be interesting what AMD does to make use of the extra clock cycles to improve perofrmance....
not the new stuff. its getting down to 3-3-3-8 (or 10)

OCZ has some blazingly fast stuff, but your right, not anywhere near DDR levels. But if both major chip manufactuers switch to DDR2, then that is were the memory companies are gonna make their money, and are gonna be forced to come out with some good memory.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

kenc51 wrote:Will do :)

awww, come on now Ken, who doesn't like to see someone get kicked in the nuts, or see a pot-smoking towel make an ass of himself and everyone else, or even Terrence and Phillip talking about farty pants, rofl :rolleyes:

as for B&B, they've been my fave for God knows how many years, ever since they've been out pretty much up until they had their last episode, and even now I like to watch the first episode where Beavis becomes Cornholio, roflmfao

@ dicecca: like the Family Guy avatar, lol. They kick ass :)
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

dicecca112 wrote:
Latency is the key...DDR2 has bad latency...so it will be interesting what AMD does to make use of the extra clock cycles to improve perofrmance....
not the new stuff. its getting down to 3-3-3-8 (or 10)

OCZ has some blazingly fast stuff, but your right, not anywhere near DDR levels. But if both major chip manufactuers switch to DDR2, then that is were the memory companies are gonna make their money, and are gonna be forced to come out with some good memory.
yeah... but you drop the latency to those timings with a current cpu, even with 300FSB.....You'll see...there is no performance increase! (or @ least very little) -> this is all because of the mem controller.... there is no added latency from a seperate mem controller anymore.....I'm sure AMD know what they are doing (they know more than us for sure!).. so they are switching dor a reason!
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

yeah... but you drop the latency to those timings with a current cpu, even with 300FSB.....You'll see...there is no performance increase! (or @ least very little) -> this is all because of the mem controller.... there is no added latency from a seperate mem controller anymore.....I'm sure AMD know what they are doing (they know more than us for sure!).. so they are switching dor a reason!
yeah no kidding, I was expecting an increase in bandwidth when I went from 4-4-4-12 to 3-3-3-12 and got nothing, and when I dropped it to 3-3-3-10 barely got anything.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

killswitch83 wrote:
kenc51 wrote:Will do :)

awww, come on now Ken, who doesn't like to see someone get kicked in the nuts, or see a pot-smoking towel make an ass of himself and everyone else, or even Terrence and Phillip talking about farty pants, rofl :rolleyes:

as for B&B, they've been my fave for God knows how many years, ever since they've been out pretty much up until they had their last episode, and even now I like to watch the first episode where Beavis becomes Cornholio, roflmfao

@ dicecca: like the Family Guy avatar, lol. They kick ass :)
I just can't get into it.. sorry!

dicecca -> like the avatar....Family guy rocks big time! :supz:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

dicecca112 wrote:
yeah no kidding, I was expecting an increase in bandwidth when I went from 4-4-4-12 to 3-3-3-12 and got nothing, and when I dropped it to 3-3-3-10 barely got anything.
With the old setup, using the mem controller on an seperate chip...this allowed for ram to use lower latencies....therefore higher MHz was everything.... now imagine a memcontroller running at the same speed as your cpu, with minimal latency to other parts of the proc. ---> now your getting an idea how fast AMD are with memory!!!!! --> thats whay OCZ and Mushkin have ddr @ 250HMz @ 2,2,2,5!!!
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

because of the hypertransport link on the board? I was just wondering, as I feel I might be getting a little over my head tryin to keep up with this one. I feel like a n00b, lol :rolleyes:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

killswitch83 wrote:because of the hypertransport link on the board? I was just wondering, as I feel I might be getting a little over my head tryin to keep up with this one. I feel like a n00b, lol :rolleyes:
Thats it!!!!! --> imagine your cpu runs @ 1GHZ -> thats 1000 times a second it will clock on and off.....so if you have a mem controller say, 3 inches away from the cpu, the amount of times your cpu could have ticked on and off before the mem responds is BIG....This used to allow for lower latency ram to catch-up with higher MHz as by the time the mem controller responds the ram is ready........ now with AMD the CPU is always ready!!!!!
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

I have a feeling that maybe AMD will use the link to make up for the latency produced by DDR2.....which would be necessary because the latency alone can kill whatever frequency gain you might have with the new technology, unless you just can really tighten the timings and feed the chips more juice than what you could with DDR, but of course there's problems with that (ie shortening the life of the memory and mobo as well, IMO). But anyway, if I decide to build a whitebook, then I'll go with Intel....that's the main region where they have power usage and performance under control.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

killswitch83 wrote:I have a feeling that maybe AMD will use the link to make up for the latency produced by DDR2.....which would be necessary because the latency alone can kill whatever frequency gain you might have with the new technology, unless you just can really tighten the timings and feed the chips more juice than what you could with DDR, but of course there's problems with that (ie shortening the life of the memory and mobo as well, IMO). But anyway, if I decide to build a whitebook, then I'll go with Intel....that's the main region where they have power usage and performance under control.
That's it......Long live competition!
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

right on, now how many shots of Jack today, and how many beers,lol :P
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

killswitch83 wrote:right on, now how many shots of Jack today, and how many beers,lol :P
It's now 23:08 here in Dublin....1/2 of a 700ml bottle left and 4 beers left....only out of bed a few hrs...LOL....

:me thinks pizza on the way, to sober-up a bit:

(this is a real bender weekend..lol)
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

ummm yeah you would drink me under the table now that I've cut back drastically, lol. 10-12 ales, and I'm fine, lol. But, it still takes a bottle of Cuevro Especial to put me down, lol.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I'm Irish.......LOL :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

yeah, I'm only a 1/3, lol..sooooo....... :drinkers: and a 1/3 :rolleyes:
Trollhunter
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Trollhunter »

how will this CPU handel 3D stuido max and photoshop running at the same time on with 1 gig of ram?
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Trollhunter wrote:how will this CPU handel 3D stuido max and photoshop running at the same time on with 1 gig of ram?
Anyone who really knows that answer, won't answer as they are prob under NDA.......Yonah is supposed to have better FPU performance and support for SSE2&3.....Intel have always said that they plan to increase performance in media encoding / rendering etc... Plus IT'S DUAL CORE, so Photoshop and especially 3D Studio will LOVE this CPU!!!! ;)
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Gotta love Newb's digging up old posts!

Welcome to the forum Asik!

I didnt realise it was that old, till i got reading it, and i thought Yonah on another new socket?!?!?! lol.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)