Finally taking the plunge..need ideas.

A place to talk about all things mobile
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Finally taking the plunge..need ideas.

Post by Bwall »

So I'm finally commited to building my first notebook. I've built hundreds of PC's but never one of these so I'm excited about learning something new.

This notebook is going to be used for surfing the web from my couch, travel, and for writing articles. No gaming or very light at best (that's what the $3000 PC is for).

I just purchased an Intel 740, Dothan 1.73Ghz, 533FSB, a 40GB 7200rpm Hitachi Travelstar, and 1 stick G.skill 1GB 533MHz.
I bought a single DIMM so that I could upgrade in the future if I'm really killing the system, we all know how MS Office apps eat up memory.

So now I'm trying to figure out what chassis I'm going to purchase. Built in wireless would be ideal as I hate PCMCIA cards and really like having the antenna "stealthed." Thin and light are preferred, 15" SXGA screen would be perfect. Any suggestions would be great!
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

the Asus Z63A would be a good choice for ya.......it doesn't have a 15" monitor (I think it's a 14.1" WXGA), but it's definitely thin and light.....as a matter of fact, there was a review done around a build on this chassis.......here's the link:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/264/1/

good on ya for getting the G. Skill ram........good price, great performance, can't really ask for too much more :)

just a suggestion, as I plan on either getting this chassis or a Z71V, depends on what I have to spend at the time.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

I love the Z63A :)
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"