MicroSD cards for phones

A place to talk about all things mobile
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

MicroSD cards for phones

Post by Kaos Kid »

My old 8GB Samsung MicroSDHC card starting glitching and is now showing as corrupted. I was able to save my data using EaseUS Data Recovery and the phone wants to reformat it but I'm thinking it may be time to upgrade if that card is degrading. What MicroSD cards do you use in your phones? I currently have a Moto G6 with 12MP camera and 1080 video so do need a fast card at least class 10. Specs show that It can handle up to 128GB so that is what I am looking at. Thanks

My Google-Fu is strong, but I am looking for personal recommendations from members here with first hand knowledge.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
KnightRid

Re: MicroSD cards for phones

Post by KnightRid »

Sandisk. I have used Sandisk in everything and have had the least problems with them compared to any other brand I tried (or even a non-brand cheapo thing).

Good prices when they are on sale! - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/camera-mem ... 0gigabytes - $29.99 for uhs-i non frills version.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

KnightRid wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:33 am Sandisk. I have used Sandisk in everything and have had the least problems with them compared to any other brand I tried (or even a non-brand cheapo thing).

Good prices when they are on sale! - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/camera-mem ... 0gigabytes - $29.99 for uhs-i non frills version.
I agree! 3 out of 4 phones in our house have Sandisk!
The 4th phone(My Phone - Note 5) does not support a card!
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I use Sandisk as well, 128gb card in the Note 9.

I tried the Samsung Evo micro SD cards in mine and the kids phones in the past, they all died.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Hmmm I was not really thinking SanDisk but I'm glad you guys recommended it because I was looking at the Samsung EVO cards. I'll check out the SanDisks, thanks for the info!
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

I bought a Sandisk 128GB MicroSDXC UHS-1, it did not immediately show up with a drive letter when I used the adapter to plug in to a Win7 PC. When I did assign it a drive letter, it first wanted to scan all sectors for errors, after that it showed up fine and is listed as exFAT. Do you all use exFAT in your cell phone cards, and is it the best? I used NTFS in my old card and was wondering whether I needed to keep this exFAT or reformat to NTFS. Thanks!
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Kaos Kid wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:32 pm I bought a Sandisk 128GB MicroSDXC UHS-1, it did not immediately show up with a drive letter when I used the adapter to plug in to a Win7 PC. When I did assign it a drive letter, it first wanted to scan all sectors for errors, after that it showed up fine and is listed as exFAT. Do you all use exFAT in your cell phone cards, and is it the best? I used NTFS in my old card and was wondering whether I needed to keep this exFAT or reformat to NTFS. Thanks!
Mine are all NTFS simply because of their age! The newest is probably 2 or 3 yrs old!
If exFAT is working I'd just let it ride!
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Very nice article explaining the differences - https://www.howtogeek.com/235596/whats- ... -and-ntfs/

Yes, I use exFAT on all flash drives and memory cards if I am using them for transporting computer files so i know they will work on whomever's computer I have to go and fix (looking at all my relatives right now)

exFAT should work almost everywhere on newer things, like the article said about ps4 but not ps3...
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

I kept it exFAT but I also found out some things...exFAT is proprietary MSoft, you can easily use Windows to format to it, but third parties have to pay a license to use or include it in their software. I use EASEus Partition Master, it only recognizes it as "other" and calls it a super floppy.
sherilyn25
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by sherilyn25 »

I use San Disk 32GB for my ZTE Blade A7 2019 - the most convenient size to keep photos and videos.
jackryan
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by jackryan »

Mostly people use the Sandisk microchip for secondary memory, this is affordable for everyone. I also use a SanDisk microchip, 64 GB.
Have a Good Day! :supz: