HP Pavillion 4900ze

A place to talk about all things mobile
=LAS=Hellfire
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

HP Pavillion 4900ze

Post by =LAS=Hellfire »

any one know how to make this faster or anything...or findout how to change parts and crap cause its horrible and im saving up for a desktop but thats gonna take a while and i could use something easy to make it a bit faster...
HP Pavillion 4900ze
Processor: Intel Celeron M 1.4ghz with 512kb cache
Memory: 2 256mb
Hard Drive: 60GB (i got 41.09 left, and ive tried cleaning up as much stuff as i dont need as possible...)
The Black Pumpkin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by The Black Pumpkin »

Wiping the hard drive and reinstalling Windows certainly helps. There will always be hidden files and other gunk left after you delete stuff.

You probably can't overclock, since it's a more proprietary computer, but you might be able to. I don't have experience with HP's in that regard.

The other option (if no overclocking is available) would be to get a new cpu.

Heh, none of that is super easy, is it... :P
AMD Opteron 1224SE "Santa Ana" = DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB DDR2 800 = Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Sapphire 4870 1GB = Sceptre X20WG-Naga 20" = Logitech X-530 5.1
Seagate 320GB (SATA II) x2 = Samsung SH-S203B (SATA)
=LAS=Hellfire
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by =LAS=Hellfire »

i am saving up for a desktop but as im 14 and have no job it could e a while... i do have a life so its hard to save up fast idk what ima do ive tried almost everything and its still a peice of s***
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Well I'm afriad your stuck as to easy hardware tweaks/upgrades...

But that doesnt mean there's nothing you can do!

1. Make sure that you defragment the hard drive regularly, this will boost performance of loading windows and programs by a bit.

2. What programs do you have set running in the background?

(by background i mean these, this is rather a lot, but my desktop is dualcore and can handle it, and any 'hidden' ones in task manager.)

First go to the programs in the system tray and ask yourself, do you really need them running, and if you dont, then open them and find an option that allows you to disable 'start on windows load' (or similar) then exit that program.

Next go to your task manager (Press 'Ctrl+Shift+Esc') and select the process tabs at the top, save a screenshot of all the running processes and we'll tell you what you can safely disable from starting (tell you that later).

3. Virus and adware and spybot check.
if you dont already there's a small chance that you might have some nasties running on your laptop!

If you dont have them download Adaware and Spybot

and if you dont have an antivirus software, download AVG Antivirus Its free and updated regularly with new virus definitions etc.

Now all these things wont suddenly turn your laptop into a speed demon, but every little helps!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
=LAS=Hellfire
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by =LAS=Hellfire »

i have allkinda spyware virus and adaware protection ive done the start when windows starts thing i just need to figure out which processes to stop ill take a screenshot thank you much...
=LAS=Spitfire
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by =LAS=Spitfire »

CTRL+ALT+ESC is to take a screenshot?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

no, lol. As its a laptop you'll probably have to press "fn + print sreen", print screen will be in blue or the same colour as the fn button.

though it possibly might have a dedicated print screen button, if it does just press that.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
=LAS=Spitfire
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by =LAS=Spitfire »

lol, well no one ever told me how to take a normal screenshot of your desktop or something. Im assuming you know how to, dan. I = Noob :rolleyes: