best very low budget laptop? used/open box/refurb good too.

A place to talk about all things mobile
incogneato
Legit User
Legit User

best very low budget laptop? used/open box/refurb good too.

Post by incogneato »

hey guys im looking for a very very low budget laptop. anyone got any ideas? im just gona use this for on the road to mess around when i get bored or whatever so it doesnt need to be anything fancy at all.

the lower the price the better

thanks
Claybear
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Claybear »

I just picked up a dell 1501 for 900.00CND after taxes. I don't know how cheap you are looking, but it has 1.8 Semp.3500+ 2 Gigs ram windows vista basic and 80 gig hard drive 8 X dvd rw hope this helps.
incogneato
Legit User
Legit User

Post by incogneato »

thanx :)

lookin for cheaper tho =[
Zenphic
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Zenphic »

You should check out the selection from your local stores. Sometimes they sell the demo laptops at very good prices, like 400$. Compaq and Acer make good laptops at great prices, so keep an eye on them :)
incogneato
Legit User
Legit User

Post by incogneato »

Zenphic wrote:You should check out the selection from your local stores. Sometimes they sell the demo laptops at very good prices, like 400$. Compaq and Acer make good laptops at great prices, so keep an eye on them :)
thanks thats very good advice. i never thought to specifically ask them about demo products and such.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I picked up a Comapq V5201US for around $450-$500 after rebate...I use it the same way you are intending. Only thing i added to it was a 1gb stick of memory I bought from Apoptosis, which made it VERY happy :)

I woudl hit the rebate specials at your local stores. They are the best deals you will find other than sometimes refurbs are a LITTLE cheaper, but not much!

Mike

I got this one at Office Depot last year.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
danijelzi
Legit User
Legit User

Post by danijelzi »

There's Acer Aspire AS3680-2022 for $500 at BestBuy. It ships with Celeron M 420 processor at 1.6GHz, 512MB of DDR2, and 80GB HDD. The only thing I don't like is its 14.1-inch screen size.
Link