Installed Vista Ultimate 32-bit on ASUS Z71V Notebook

A place to talk about all things mobile
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Installed Vista Ultimate 32-bit on ASUS Z71V Notebook

Post by Apoptosis »

I just got done installing Vista Ultimate 32-bit on the ASUS Z71V notebook and it all works except for the card reader. Just by luck Realtek released a new High Definition Audio Codec this morning and it worked great on the only device that Vista couldn't install the driver on. The Realtek Vista Driver Version R1.61 that I used can be downloaded here.

I had to manually install the GeForce Go 6600 driver from the list of WDDM drivers that comes in Vista, but other than that it works good. All the FN keys work just fine! Oh and the ATK drivers were downloaded automatically from the web and work great.

Now if the Ricoh card reader wasn't being a pain in the ass it would be a perfect install.

The notebook has a Windows Vista Experience Score of 3.7, which is pretty high for a notebook that came out in 2005!
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Sweet, I get a score of 5.2 with my desktop PC.

The CPU is holding me back
danijelzi
Legit User
Legit User

Post by danijelzi »

Have you noticed any battery life change after installing Vista? I've heard Vista drains battery faster than XP.
wildlaser
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by wildlaser »

my score is only 3.3 since my graphics card is still the x1400, oh why wouldn't that screw come out! must send to dell and also hope they take out this metal tab too.
Dano523
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Dano523 »

I'm still running 2k on mine, and since it's been rock solid for what I'm using it for, really can't see upgrading the OS/software for it.

Are you seeing a Huge differance between say 2k to vista in speed to offset the price of the OS and needed software costs (read new autocad version don't come cheap)?
ViPeR.Ja
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by ViPeR.Ja »

dude window 2000 was an awesome OS.... i am still not attempted to install Vista
Dell Sucks.... In my opinion anyways
New Rig
AMD Phenom II 955 at 3.2ghz
DFI 790
4GB OCZ 1066mhz
MSI 280 GTX
650Watts Antec Truepower Trio