Toshiba Satellite M35X-S109 - Help!

A place to talk about all things mobile
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Toshiba Satellite M35X-S109 - Help!

Post by camaroguy1998 »

I'm having major problems with this laptop, I'd like to see if anyone here has one or had one?
The problem started with the AC adapter plug. You had to turn or wiggle the plug in order to get it to charge or provide power.
After a few months of this the laptop began to shutdown for no reason and now its to the point that the power indicator comes on but nothing else happens.
After googling this and reading for a few days its apparent that this is a common problem with the M30X & M35X series laptops. The fix being to resolder the old adapter or solder a new one in. This was done by a professional with no improvement. Further googling says that there may be a need to solder a piece of wire from the top of the mobo to the bottom where the adapter is connected to the board, this has been done also with the same result.

Has anyone had this problem, if so is there anything else I can do?
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Do you know if the shutdown problem is due to lack of power or something else?

It could be due to dust clogged heatsink fins if its overheating. Clean out those if you get it back up and running.

I've had similar problems with my Inspiron 5150 with lack of charging, but it was still under warrantee so I had the motherboard replaced (twice, and another time or two for a different reason :shock: ). So can't really suggest a ghetto mod to fix it.

Are you sure that there isnt a break in the wire on the transformer? Isnt a spare you can swap it for?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

According to what I've read on the net apparently theres 2 connections to the power adapter one on the top of the board and one on the bottom. I had a piece of wire soldered from the top to the bottom and this didnt help.
Shut down isnt a problem, it wont even boot at all!
You hit the power button and for say 1-2secs you can hear the HDD and fans start and then shut off.
Its looking like the Mobo needs to be replaced but they are becoming hard to find in working condition. I did find a new one but they wanted $245+shipping. I only paid $450 for the whole thing 2 1/2 yrs ago. Its not worth a $250 investment, at least not to me!

Its starting to look like one of my old cars........Part it out or sell it complete for parts!
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow