Hello Everyone

Now that you have found our forums and become a member take a second to introduce yourself to others and get to know us!
Duckhamster
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Hello Everyone

Post by Duckhamster »

Hi members of LegitReviews forum.

Im using this site for a short while now to get good information about the latest computer hardware, and im really pleased :)
Now im joining the forums to be able to participate and learn even more, as im very interested.

The main reason why im joining now is that i want to know more about the workings of computer hardware.
I have got a slight idea of how things work, since ive read an old hardware book from about 10 years ago (really outdated)
But i still dont have got a single idea how everything works together, what hardware is best fitted together, and which improvements mean alot or nothing.

To get to the point, i ve been looking for places to get this information from (books, websites), but ive been unable to find this. So i was wondering if anyone could (if allowed ofcourse) tell me where i can find this information, or where to look. Maybe there is a good book you can advise me to read?
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by martini161 »

welcome! what do you want to know im an engineer i may be able to help you. just ask around, everyone is very helpfull here
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Your best bet if you want to thoroughly learn the ins and outs of computers is to take a Intro to Computer Science Course at the local college. Short of that, feel free to hang out, ask questions and bug us about stuff you don't understand, we're glad to help out! :drinkers:
Duckhamster
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Duckhamster »

Yeah, i was thinking of that, but in the end they give you a book to study from :)
Since im used to studying on my own, its alot easier to just get a good book. But i havent got a slight idea which books are good. And i guess most of u guys here have read quite a few books, i was wondering if u could advise me which one to get. :)
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

The nice thing about an Intro class is you get some much needed hands on experience in addition to theory (I learned 99% of what I know about computers through the hand-ons approach). If you still just want a book, I still suggest dropping by the college and finding out what book they use for that course (don't necessarily buy it there though, shop around a bit).
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Welcome to the Forums! Just take a look around the General forum and you will see posts on people's builds, and what other have recommend based on experience or opinion.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!