Now that you have found our forums and become a member take a second to introduce yourself to others and get to know us!
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

Hey fellow Geeks (Not a bad thing "The GEEKS will inherit the Earth, Gates already has a big chunk)

I'm older than the hills, but younger than dirt (though the resemblance merits scrutiny).
I graduated college as a Computer Programmer Systems Analyst about the time dinosaurs went extinct.
My greatest achievement in college was a couple of coed twins named Sandy and Mandy :supz:
I was the colleges computer tech for their library which was the perfect place to learn hardware, they had every thing from the oldest to the newest, while there I set up 125 machine network attached to 25 remote SCSI server towers each containing 100 scsi CDROMS containing the accumulated crud of academic life.
Since then I got tired of workin for the man and struck out on my own, now all I do is sit around with a huge pile of hardware and a screw driver (the type used for screws not intoxication) and play with the things I love best in the world, computers (by that i mean non-living things as family comes first).
I mainly stick with AMD equipment but I do deal with the inferior brand Intoilet err I mean Intel. (jus a joke don't rip my throat out lol)

I've kept a rough count over the last 25 years of the number of computers I've sold and it's about 2800, 110-120 a year; computers fixed I lost count many years ago.

All that said there's probably not one of you that doesn't know more about OCing than me. That's OK cause I got some last night lol. :partyman:

Fav saying: I'll never get rich but I make a good living at home in my house shoes :prayer: :prayer:
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: New Member

Post by ibleet »

LoL :lol:

I love your Intro, especially the part about Sandy and Mandy.

Just how old is dirt? :-k

Welcome to the forums!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Welcome :)
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

we'll that was the most unique introduction I've seen. Welcome to LR
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Nice, very sweet. You are my God! Welcome to Legit Reviews!
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

ibleet wrote:LoL :lol:

I love your Intro, especially the part about Sandy and Mandy.

Just how old is dirt? :-k

Welcome to the forums!
Dirt is old enough that that most girls won't give you a second look, and women can't look enough. Suffice it to say that when the first commercial desktop hit the market for home and office use I was already out of high school and had served 4 years in the Mean Green (Army). When I joined the military puters had just graduated from punch cards. :shock: I actually joined the Army for computers and ended up working on a artillery plotting board telling the arty where to place rounds, the board was aptly named "The Computer". Now they actually use a computer.

And yea Sandy and Mandy Rocked! Their dad owned a company that produced high end batteries for the Govt. I got wined and dined then they served me up on a platter lol. Then I had to fix their puters 8-[
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

Welcome!
:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD