Thanks for Allowing me in

Now that you have found our forums and become a member take a second to introduce yourself to others and get to know us!
KPRROK
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Thanks for Allowing me in

Post by KPRROK »

Hello all,

I finally registered after reading the site for the past few months. I found this place through a friend when I was looking to build a new computer and wanted more info. I had to put off that build, but now I'm planning again for a build in a few weeks, so I gotta learn a lot!

I've never built my own system from scratch, but I've swapped out or upgraded almost every part in a computer, bar the CPU, PSU, and cooling. I've been using computers since the mid-80s when I was just a wee lad and my father worked for IBM. Now I'm into them as a hobby, but not hardcore or anything. I just like doing as much as possible on my PC like games, internet, work, and entertainment.

About me...Well, I'm currently living in Jeju, South Korea, teaching English to Korean kids here. I've got a wonderful wife, and a baby on the way in a few months (which is why I'm building my machine now as I still have money!). I'm originally from just outside Kansas City, Missouri, in the USA, and went to college in St. Louis, Missouri, and Lancaster, England. I'm 27 years old, and that's about it I guess. I figure you'll all get to know me more as I post more.

I'm gonna be posting some questions soon, so I look forward to the help you guys can give me as I learn more about assembling an entire system!

Cheers all

Kevin
Jeju, ROK
KnightRid

Re: Thanks for Allowing me in

Post by KnightRid »

hi, and post away :)

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

welcome and congrats on the baby
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

Welcome, you've come to the right place. 8)
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Welcome to the Forums! Sounds like a busy life and a cool "job". G/L with the new addition.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Welcome to the forums, I'm sure we'll be able to help you with any questions you might have, so when you are ready, ask away!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
unfaithfulsfan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by unfaithfulsfan »

Hi, Kevin, welcome! Congratulations on the soon-to-be-arriving new arrival. I have to say I kinda envy your position. Several years ago, I'd planned to relocate to Viet Nam to teach English to street children and adults after making friends online with several people who work with them. However, health complications prevented it from happening. (Type 1 Diabetes) Enjoy the experience!
Jack
"A payphone was ringing and it just about blew my mind,
when I picked it up & said 'Hello' this foot came through the line"
~Bob Dylan