The Dark Side...

Now that you have found our forums and become a member take a second to introduce yourself to others and get to know us!
S!thL0rd15
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

The Dark Side...

Post by S!thL0rd15 »

CPU:Q6600 G0 @ 3.6GHZ
GPU:Geforce GTX 260 SC
RAM:Geil 8GB DDR2 800 CAS4-4-4-12 @ Stock
HDD:(2) WD Raptors 150GB in RAID 0, (1) WD 500GB SATAII 7200RPM, (1) WD 750GB SATAII 7200RPM
Watercooling:Koolance rad, rez, fan pump & controller / Swiftech CPU, NB and SB waterblocks / EK GPU and Voltage Reg waterblocks
Case: Koolnace PC4-1026SL (modded Lian Li)
Fans:CoolIT Systems RAM fan (1)40mm, Koolance Rad fans(3) 120mm, Xigmatek exhaust (1) 120mm, Antec front HDD intake fans (1) 120mm

:finga:

Pics....

FZ1

Re: The Dark Side...

Post by FZ1 »

Nice...A lot of tubing going on there!
Joe
S!thL0rd15
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by S!thL0rd15 »

Thanx!...yeah its one loop cooling 5 components...the tubing is 1/2 ID and 3/4 OD Primochill - its huge....the cooling is decent; CPU idles at 39C and 45-55C under load (gaming)....GPU idles at 45C and around 55C after gaming for a couple of hours - ambient temp around 23C....The fan controller is set to automatically increase speed based on temp so its relatively quiet unless it gets hot....next upgrade I plan on adding a larger rad...got some $$$$ to burn b4 the wedding bells ring :cry: Anywho Im gonna put together a youtube vid of my whole layout...its sick :vom:

FZ1 wrote:Nice...A lot of tubing going on there!
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Looks like a pretty kick ass rig.

What size rad you got in there currently?

And that fan controller sounds smart, what make/model is that?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
S!thL0rd15
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by S!thL0rd15 »

Thanx...here's a link to Koolance's site for the fan controller:

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/p ... uct_id=752

It can also control the pump speed which connects with a fan molex. My current rad is 360mm (three 120mm fans cool it) the new one will be larger - 480mm (4 120mm fans) which should allow for better cooling considering the number of components in the loop. The best cooling set ups i've seen use dual loops when cooling multiple components...but I don't want the hassle or clutter of having 2 rads another pump and rez :-k
DMB2000uk wrote:Looks like a pretty kick ass rig.

What size rad you got in there currently?

And that fan controller sounds smart, what make/model is that?

Dan
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

The Water Department called, they want thier plumbing back!

That's one of the most complicated water cooling setups I've ever seen. I'm amazed it's all ran by a single pump! I'm confused, is that a Swiftech or Koolance pump?
S!thL0rd15
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by S!thL0rd15 »

I know I got a lot going on inside my case...but check out this guys setup http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/deta ... 1627&img=1....damn him...My rig has seen many revisions I bought the case in early 2007 and it has gone through two motherboards (and CPUs) and at least three GPUs plus countless water cooling configuration changes....Koolance rates my current rad at 1000 Watts of heat dissipation...Some of the water cooling elite don't care for Koolance...I do lean towards them but I'm not biased they (Koolance) do put out some crap products but so does Danger Den, Cooler Master and Swiftech - I speak from experience...with that said I bought the pump from Koolance but I believe they just put their name on it....I read up on it and found that the pump is most likely manufactured by the same 3rd party as the pump Swiftech sells with their name on it. I mean the specs match and the pumps look exactly alike...

Skippman wrote:The Water Department called, they want their plumbing back!

That's one of the most complicated water cooling setups I've ever seen. I'm amazed it's all ran by a single pump! I'm confused, is that a Swiftech or Koolance pump?