HDMI from PC to HDMI to TV

Now that you have found our forums and become a member take a second to introduce yourself to others and get to know us!
jrtaylor41
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

HDMI from PC to HDMI to TV

Post by jrtaylor41 »

Hi I am a new member. I have a new HP laptop with an HDMI outlet and I am connecting it to the HDMI connect on my Vizio TV. Nothing hapens at all when I make this connection. My Tv works fine like nothing changes and my Laptop also does not recognize anything connected. My Vizio tv has 3 HDMI ports and I have used the remote to change to the HDMI port that the cable is connected. Can anyone tell me if I am doing somethng wrong.
jrtaylor41
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: HDMI from PC to HDMI to TV

Post by jrtaylor41 »

Is it possible to use a HDMI to HDMI for this purpose?
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

the only thing I can think of based on your posts(that and I didn't see you mention it) ...did you change the "input" channels? no tv or monitor will change automatically to a cable being hooked up..I have a VGA and HDMI on my monitor..but I still have to switch between the 2 manually..as far as the laptop..never tried one to a tv but I'd almost bet that the input channel might enable the feature on the laptop..(<-------I don't own a laptop so I don't know for sure on that last sentence)...Welcome to the forums by the way
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Can you post the models of the TV and Laptop?
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sowser »

My TV will actually change inputs by its self if I plug something new in or power up a device that is already plugged in. It's kind of annoying actually. You may have to do into display in your control panel and enable duel monitors. That's what I had to do with mine, with monitor #1 being the laptop display and monitor #2 being the TV. Then if you want to be able to watch the TV but close the laptop then you have to disable the power down option for when the laptop is closed.
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.