All about me (infinitevalence)

Now that you have found our forums and become a member take a second to introduce yourself to others and get to know us!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Even though most everyone knows me, or can google me and get a quick idea I think i will add to this post :)

- How did you find the forums?
I was looking for some good overclocking memory and found that Legitreviews had the best and most indepth reviews and test of memory in the industry. After reading every memory article that Nate published I ignored all of it and made a stupid buy and got some GEIL golden dragon PC3700 DDR1 because it was cheap and claimed to be CL2.

After this mess and posting my flames to GEIL in this forum, i was lucky enough to win a 512mb of PC4000 Kingmax memory. As part of my blatant bribing I offered to help out LR, and Nate took me up on the offer. I have been moderating/adminisrating the forums now since that day, and doing reviews as time allows with school and all.

- What system are you running?
I have several systems, for shcool my primary system is my Asus Laptop it is a:
Asus Z63A
Pentium M 735 pin moded to 2.26ghz under volted at 1.308v
1gb of Kingstion PC2-5300
100GB Seagate 5400 rpm drive
8x DL DVD writer.

My gaming rig is:
an AMD X2 3800+ running at 2.6ghz and 1.51v
DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D modified to run SLI
1gb of Mushkin Redline memory (well as soon as i RMA it or figure out for sure if one of the sticks is dead or not)
Sapphire X800GTO2 modified to run with 16pipes and at 540mhz core 600mhz memory
74gb Raptor drive (using my 250gb Maxtor 10 atm, but i hope to switch over this weekend)
Koolance PC2 that has been put into a SkyHawk Alluminum case
SkyHawk PowerONE 570w peice of crap that i cant stop using because its the only PSU i have that is short enough to fit in my case with all the water cooling gear :P
24" Dell P1960 CRT at a wopping 1920x1200@75hz!
Logitech Elite USB keyboard
Logitech 510 mouse
Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers.

My HTPC is:
AMD XP 2500+ at 2375mhz
Abit NF7-S using the D26 Matarays bios
ATI 9600XT AIW
512mb of Kingmax PC4000
250gb Maxtor 10
Thermalright U800 with a ThermalTake Smartfan 2
ThermalTake PurePower Fanless 300w
SkyHawk Aluminum case
Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse
27" crapy wallmart TV my x-gf left with me when she fled the state (dont ask)

My File Server is:
2 1.6ghz Low Voltage Xeons (C1 stepping) at 2.6ghz
Asus PC-DL (Volt moded both CPU and Mem)
gForce MX200 (its a leftover)
1gb of Mushkin TCC5
80gb Maxtor DM9 system drive
6 73gb Seagate 10,000rpm Ultra320 SCSI drives
Adaptec 3200S SCSI RAID controler with 64mb
Intel Windtunnel cooling :( very loud but not bad
Aerocool Masstige case (the only way i could get 7hd's in there :)
Sparkel 460w EPS
using my Dell monitor and logitech keyboard and mouse through a KVM

My Legitreviews test rig is:
Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.4ghz
Intel 915 motherboard
HIS X600XT
1gb Micron DDR2
80gb Seagate
Stock intel LGA heatsink
4u Rackmount Case
Sparkel 460w EPS
also uses my Dell CRT and keyboard and mouse through the KVM

My Folding farm (still waiting on parts):
2 2.4 Xeon clocked in at 3.5ghz (MO stepping these will also go into the PCDL and the C1's will be put in the Iwill)
Iwill DP533
1gb Corssair

2 1.6 Low Voltage Xeons clocked (idk yet have not tested but most likly only 2.13 because of the motherboard)
Either a Tyan Tiger S2668ANR or SuperMicro X5DAL-G
any memory i can dig out :)

- Are you an Intel or AMD Fan Boy/Girl?
I am an ARM fan, then powerPC, they are just very cool archetectures. As for AMD and Intel they both have their good points and bad points, I use AMD for gaming and most of my day to day stuff. I use Intel for mobile solutions as well as most of my SMP just because dual Xeons are cheap compaired to dual Opterons when it comes to finding last gen hardware.

- What type of gaming are you into?
I like turn based stratagy the most IE Civilization, but i also have very much enjoyed HL2, Farcry, and Need for Speed Underground 2

- Are you an overclocker?
No, are you crazy i dont ever want to jepodize my warranty!

K J/K im a mad overclocker, there is not a single computer running at stock speeds in my apt. I also voided ~$1300 worth of warranties 10min after getting it from UPS and ensuring that it would at least post at stock. I honestly dont know that I have ever RMA'ed a product other than HD's generaly i figure if i break it overclocking it sucks to be me. My Redline will be the first overclock item that i ever RMA and thats only because it is supposed to beable to handle 3.5v with the quality of cooling i have on it.

- Other info:
Well as many of you know I am still a full time student in Nashville, studying computer science. I work for a compay called Sound and Video creations that produce Clickeffects Systems, the computers and hardware that run many if not most of the large video boards in stadiums around the world. My second home is LR and the LR forums. I have no life other than work school and the interent :P

Well thats about it, hope you enjoy learning alittle more about me.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"