Hello from an AMD Exec

Now that you have found our forums and become a member take a second to introduce yourself to others and get to know us!
AMD-Roy
Legit User
Legit User

Hello from an AMD Exec

Post by AMD-Roy »

hi, I am a Corp VP at AMD and have registered here to take the pulse of our fans and our competitors fans and learn about what you most care about.
thanks
KnightRid

Re: Hello from an AMD Exec

Post by KnightRid »

Welcome aboard.

Now make a chip that is cheaper and faster than the i7's to bring me back to AMD :mrgreen:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
AMD-Roy
Legit User
Legit User

Post by AMD-Roy »

hi we just did!

The FX9590 is faster than all i7 models but one and cheaper; http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/ha ... -5ghz.html

Take a look, :-)
cheers
walterm
Legit User
Legit User

Post by walterm »

Faster yes, better performance, no. The I7s are better, without going 2011.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

walterm wrote:Faster yes, better performance, no. The I7s are better, without going 2011.
Exactly
Is a 4.7 / 5GHz AMD processor ultimately enough to compete against Intel’s high-end offerings? The answer to that is multi-faceted. In properly optimized applications, the FX-9590 is a dominating presence which often runs just neck and neck with Intel’s comparatively priced Sandy Bridge-E processors. However, due to the disappointing single thread performance of the Piledriver architecture, in-game framerates in some titles tend to lag behind. There’s also just no looking past Intel’s ability to achieve similar or better performance without pushing their architecture to its absolute limit.
Thats the problem. I want to see something from AMD that makes me stand up and say WOW, they're back, not something that just says, ehhh it works better on some things by such small margins that it is not worth it for me to spend for a new MB and CPU.

Blow me out of the water! I want to see performance no less than 10% over what Intel is doing at all levels of the CPU. AMD was an innovator and I really hope you get back to that way of thinking.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: