Hello from sunny St. Louis!

Now that you have found our forums and become a member take a second to introduce yourself to others and get to know us!
brentsg
Legit User
Legit User

Hello from sunny St. Louis!

Post by brentsg »

I ran into one or two of the Legit Reviews folks at the local MicroCenter whilst on a search for the elusive Pentium G3258's. They were nice enough that I figured I'd stop lurking the (legit) reviews and create a forum account.

I'm an old PC hardware junkie that was finally able to kick the habit and simply use a computer for 4 years without any significant upgrades. More recently I've fallen off the wagon, but that's another story.
KnightRid

Re: Hello from sunny St. Louis!

Post by KnightRid »

Welcome to the crazy side of the internet!

Tip for the future - do not take any candy from LR Staff nor get in the panel van if you are offered a ride home. :axe:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

brentsg wrote:I ran into one or two of the Legit Reviews folks at the local MicroCenter whilst on a search for the elusive Pentium G3258's. They were nice enough that I figured I'd stop lurking the (legit) reviews and create a forum account.

I'm an old PC hardware junkie that was finally able to kick the habit and simply use a computer for 4 years without any significant upgrades. More recently I've fallen off the wagon, but that's another story.
That would have been myself and Brian! I did end up getting the processors last Saturday and I got the review up on Sunday morning here - http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-penti ... ghz_145874

The chips are pretty impressive for $65 and I was able to get both of the ones I bought up to 4.8Ghz.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
brentsg
Legit User
Legit User

Post by brentsg »

Good stuff, already checked out the review!

I picked mine up as well but haven't opened it. In the meantime, I ended up with the 4790k in my new Steam box which at this point has no discreet GPU. I've been tinkering with Steam streaming via 802.11ac, PowerLine/HomePlug AV2, and good old fashioned Ethernet. (wife: What are all these cables?)

I'm actually quite impressed with the streaming, but I'll likely end up with a GPU in there (and thus leave the 4790k) eventually. I have an LG 34UM95 arriving Monday so I'm trying my best to see what this fall brings in terms of GPUs but it's probably going to be difficult when this thing kills my GTX680.