Catalystâ„¢ Control Center Version 7.5 problem

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
CaptChuck
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Catalystâ„¢ Control Center Version 7.5 problem

Post by CaptChuck »

I Had a X1900 XTX card go bad on me, got a replacement sent to me, and downloaded these newest drivers. After about two days, my desktop screen seemed to lose its contrast. it got excessively bright to the point everything was real washed out looking and you could hardly read text on pop up menus. I thought it was my display but I could not adjust the problem away.

So.., I unloaded the ATI Catalyst drivers and control center. No more problem! Thought it might be a corrupted download, so downloaded it again, installed the software. Shortly there after, same problem. The card seems to run OK with the stock Vista drivers, but, those do not allow much in the way of advanced adjustments to the card.

Has anyone else seen a similar problem?

My comp:
Core 2 Duo E6600
Intel BOXD975XBXLKR 975X MOBO
Corsair TWIN2X2048 2GB
Creative X-fi Platinum
Vista Home Premium

Thanks,

Chuck
CaptChuck
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by CaptChuck »

A little update...
I've tried previous versions of the Catalyst suite. Same problem....

Now, I have the 7.4 version of the ATI Drivers loaded, uninstalled the Control Center software, and my display is fine. However........I don't have any access to the advanced controls for this fairly expensive card!!

So I'm working to RMA THIS card (the one they sent to replace my last bad X1900XTX) to see if I can get one that works
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Chuck