AMD Releases Catalyst 8.2 Drivers for Download
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:30 pm
ATI has released Catalyst 8.2 for Windows Vista, Windows XP and Linux platforms on http://www.amd.com this afternoon.
Highlights of the Catalyst 8.2 Windows release include:
* Company of Heroes: DirectX 10 performance improves as much as 20% on the ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series and ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series of products. DirectX 10 performance improves as much as 30% on CrossFire configurations using the ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series or ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series of products
Resolved Issue highlights:
* Enemy Territory: Quake Wars: Corruption is no longer noticed when editing levels.
* World of Warcraft: Flickering and missing objects are no longer noticed when playing the game in OpenGL mode.
* Doom3: Running an OpenGL application with CrossFire™ enabled and AA set to 16x no longer results in corruption being noticed when the display resolution is set to 2048x1536 or higher.
* TianXia2: Launching the game no longer results in the Windows XP operating system rebooting.
* .NET Framework an Unhandled Exception error no longer occurs when upon booting or re-booting the system.
* A white dot no longer appears on the windows desktop when launching the Catalyst Control Center. However, this issue may still be experienced under the Windows XP operating system.
* Audio stutter is no longer noticed when using the HDMI connector.
* The Catalyst Control Center options are no longer missing for the secondary extended display when hot unplugging and hot plugging the display device.
* Native CrossFire™ can now be enabled when the primary display device is connected to the master card using a CV or TV.
Highlights of the Linux Catalyst 8.2 release include:
* The Xserver no longer crashes if the screen resolution is changed in horizontal or vertical desktop setup with a monitor that does not support DDC.
* The Xserver no longer segfaults or fails to initialize DRI if a BusID was specified in an unexpected format in xorg.conf.
* The Xserver no longer freezes on shutdown if atieventsd is running.
* The first OpenGL application run after starting a session on Xserver version 1.4 no longer hangs.
For more information on Catalyst 8.2 (for Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Linux versions), including all of the resolved issues in this release, please see the Catalyst 8.2 release notes found in driver download section.