need help gettin my tv and moniter to work

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
pat-daz
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

need help gettin my tv and moniter to work

Post by pat-daz »

ive got a hd4850 attached to a LG 20inch LCD inch moniter.. i got a HDMI lead today and put it the other slot on back of the graph card and ran it to the back of my 37inch toshiba LCD tv.
i was hopin to get the same view on both screens (for playin games) but it came thru on the 37inch LCD but only the windows background showed up on the LG 20" moniter. it didnt show any icons at all.
my brother has his nvidia 8800GTS rigged up that way and says he had to enable dual view with some nvidia software.
is there any way i can have the same set up so i can put my games in my pc and play them on my 37"tv
someone said i can do it with ati tools.
ViPeR.Ja
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: need help gettin my tv and moniter to work

Post by ViPeR.Ja »

i think all you need to do is right click on ur desktop go to properties and then click settings there you should see the button Identify click that, that way you know wat number is ur tv most likely its the 2nd one click that and then you check Make this my default monitor or something similiar to that hope that helps :)
Dell Sucks.... In my opinion anyways
New Rig
AMD Phenom II 955 at 3.2ghz
DFI 790
4GB OCZ 1066mhz
MSI 280 GTX
650Watts Antec Truepower Trio
ratNukit
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by ratNukit »

go to your catalys control center (right mouse on desktop) then enter the Displays Manager. You should see both your screens there. Right click on the second and choose clone desktop 1 ...

That should do
pat-daz
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by pat-daz »

hiya,
thanks for advice i tried that and it all seems to work ok, had some problems also with pic not coming through very clear but i had the same kind of problem when i 1st got my playstation 3 it was not picking up the 1080p so i had to go into the tv options and change a few bits there
thanks again for advice, it really helped
cheers
pat-daz